Friday 28 September 2012

My Mate is 65 - she'll love me for broadcasting !!



 An extra post today but I am in for a lovely weekend so don't know when I'll get around to posting again.  Going to Port sunlight tomorrow to the Happy Stampers Northwest Show and I have a stall at a fair on Sunday in Southport.

I made this for one of my very oldest friends who also makes cards.  I made it a while ago but she had her birthday on Wednesday so I reckon it is safe to post now.
Numbers I bought from a garden centre of all places
20 x 20 white pearl card
white vellum
box out of same card to fit.
19.5 x 19.5 white peal card
18 x 18 topper also in white pearl card.
little leaf stamp that I found in my stash that goes with the leaves on the main stamp,
Clarity montage butterfly stamp
Clarity butterfly stamp to match
another butterfly stamp - think this came with craft stamper magazine - a long time ago.
Versamark
Weathered wood distress ink
Gold  and clear embossing powder
spellbinders dies
cosmic shimmer white pva glue


 I took the 19.5 square and distressed the edges with weathered wood. I then added the "pearls" with cosmic shimmer and left overnight to set.  I stamped
the montage three times in versamark and gold embossed I then did another one on vellum.
I cut these up and decoupaged. I made two more butterflies with the vellum, embossed these too and cut them out.  I used the Serif programme to make the round sentiment and printed onto pearl paper and " caught" with embossing powder as it came out of the printer. I then distressed too
I mounted this on to a circle of card and added the numbers.
I cut out a fancy circle of pearl card and distressed.  I stamped all around the edge of the top most layer with versamark and embossed with clear powder. I then distress the whole card and stuck it together.
I cut a strip of pearl card to go over the top of the box, and then stamped around the edge embossed and distressed as I had already done on the card.  I stamped three butterflies, embossed in gold and just added a little colour with the distress ink and a brush.

I printed out a nice verse on the insert and then stamped the  butterfly montage on the spare sheet and randomly place some butterflies .

I hope you like it - I know my friend did

2 comments:

Ann said...

This is beautiful, i am sure thatyour friend will have been showing it off. i hope you had a good weekend.x

Cin said...

Yep I do like it Lin it is the most beautiful card I have ever had and will treasure it, thankyou so much xx