Friday, 29 May 2015

gelli card for a friend

 Hello there this is a card I made for a friend after I had watched Sam Crowe's you tube video about using two gelli plates at once.  I had a great afternoon practising and this was one I just had to use for this card.

I just love all the grunginess of it .

I used Amanda Branston's design for Claritystamp of a Shepherds purse.

It is an open stamp set so I stamped with vanilla chalk paint from paper artsy then I used the same paint to fill in the petals. 

When dry I over-stamped again with black archival. trimmed back and matted and layered a couple of times

Wednesday, 27 May 2015

happy 60th

Simple card for an order

Sweet lilac flowers
Memory box hexagon
Pink frog butterflies and leafy swirl
Crafters companion embossing folder - vintage range
crafters number dies
Britannia happy birthday dies

Box to go with and space to write recipients name 

Tuesday, 19 May 2015

Drummer Boy

I have found a new app for blogging from my android tablet.   If anyone knows of any good ones I wish you would let me know.   Any way I thought I would try to create a post.

I was asked to make a card for a certain boy turning 16, a drummer in a band and shecwanted his photo on.  I only had the passport photo to work with.  I had a drum stamp, a freebie yonks ago on creativestamper magazine. The front of the drum had "rock" on it where i wanted to put tge photo and the whole thing wasn't big enough.

I wasn't to be beaten though so furst job scan in the photo. Secondly I stamped tge image in black archival and scanned that in.

Next I opened up serif and added bith the pics.   I took the photo cut out studio, outlined just his head tgen exported as a picture then brought that picture back into Serif so that I could resize without any background.

Next to the stamped pic.  Firstly I made it bigger so I could see  what I was doing.  Again using cutout studio I cut out the whole of the front of the drum.  Then I used the tool create a frame and dragged it into the frame section.   I now had all the various elements so I cleared the workspace dragged on the newly created drum frame, I then added the photo into the frame and resized to fit.

I sized the whole thing to a size that would look right in the hexagon die.

Happy with it I printed out onto cardstock .

I used a blue glue pen on the chrone bits of the drum set and silver embossing powder.  The drums and symbols were coloured with SN pencils.

I used a music embossing folder, some hexagon dies the hexagon shapes for the letterbox kit which I also used.  I found a small happy birthday stamp and the numbers from another set of stamps.

Friday, 1 May 2015


Good morning and welcome to MAY! the last four months have just flown by and haven't we had some lovely weather last month - I hope that wasn't Summer and that the nice weather is over ---as I write this it's raining - back to normal lol.

Lots of fabulous entries again last month - the wee folk sets are very popular I do love them.  So the theme for this months challenge is clocks - now this has caused some scratching of heads (mine included) amongst the dt  I have an mdf package I was thinking of using ( I am not telling you what it is but it will probably turn up at stome stage lol) but Emma was first in with a box  I thought about getting some clock parts - noo several of the team have done real clocks - rapidly running out of ideas now till I came up with clock watching.  I thought I would be brave and try and draw an eye with the eyeball as a clock - my backup plan was to use the big glasses instead of my drawing.

I had to get the eye the tight size for the fob watch stamp to work as an eye ball.  I have all the fob watches and the sideways on ones but the wee one (from the miniature set) was way to small, the medium size one wasn't really big enough so I went with the big one.  I stamped it out to make a mask

I cut it out ignoring the stand and the handle.

I then used this to draw around in pencil

Next I had to draw my eye and after a few attempts and a lot of rubbing out I got this.

What if I make a mess? - I thought ... So I went around the eye with a micron pen - excluding the eyeball and then I photcopied it onto a piece of gellie card.

Haha I can now use this and if I make a mess I can do it again - cunnng plan eh?

I used another photcopy on copy paper to cut out the eye to make a mask to stam throught the clock - because if you look at an eyeball the top is hidden under the eyelid.

OK so far, next I stamped out the boxes from the new letterpress set and masked them off. I used the clockwork stencil randomly and using my spectrum noir aqua pens (peakcock blue and Sea green) and the e brush to create the background - I didn't tape the stencil down I just kept moving it about as I didn't particularly want a definate background just a hint of parts.

I used cracked pistachio and faded jeans around the edge with my Clarity brushes.

I stamped the letters in black archival 

I used several pencils from the essentials and marine sets to create the eyball and added shading in the boxes.
Finally I added some eyelashes with a micron pen