Tuesday 25 September 2012

PINK RETIREMENT


Base card 20 x 20
pearl card 19 x 19
pearl card 18 x 18
silver mirri
extra pearl card for sentiments and strip
flower stamp by Dimension Forth
white vellum
silver embossing ink
versamark
antique rose distress ink
spellbinder dies
spellbinder embossibilty folder
Martha Stewart punch
pearl gems

I started with the 18 x 18 card and I wanted to emboss it so I had to cut it to fit into the folder as I only have a cuttlebug and it wouldn't fit.  I then distressed with the pink ink.I joined it back together and covered it up with a piece of mirri and a piece of pearl card that had both been cut with the punch and I distressed the white strip.
I them made the flowers by stamping them out with versamark and embossing with silver.  I then added the pattern on them with the  pink ink and added more colour to the reverse of the vellum when the ink was dry on the patterned side. I printed the sentiments onto some pearl card (after mega fights with my new printer that isn't a patch on my old one)  I covered with embossing powder as it was coming out of the printer and the ink was still wet to catch it.  I made faux nesties out of mirri and mounted it on the card.

I made a box to fit and added the name to one side, I inked up a strip and stamped with a stamp out of the flower set, and added another flower.   I really enjoyed making this card as it is a mix of allsorts.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Hi Linda - this is beautiful and looks so expensive.xxx

Jo Rice said...

Hi Linda, what a beautiful card, I love the flowers....
Girl did good.... It is fab.x