Saturday 1 September 2012

old car

I have to say that I find myself using old cars and stuff a lot for men - aren't they hard work to make cards for?

I used the same mask as yesterday but I started with a piece of grey paper from a Tim Holtz pad that I have had some time.  I distress with slate adirondak and then through the mask with pitch black adirondak. I cut a shape with the cuttlebug from another piece of the paper and stamped in black with archival ink.  the whole thing looked a bit bleak so I thought I would colour the car red to give it a lift  but didn't really have any promarkers quite the right colour.  So once again (thanks Tom) I put a little aged mahogany and victorian rose on my splodge away mat and between these two and some of the black that was already there I coloured in the car with a brush.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Linda love the frame you have made. Those clocks and ballons are fab too, well done .Thank you so much for your super comments on my blog . Have a super weekend
Big Hugs Elaine
PS..... it was mum and dads 60th Anni yesterday sadly mum used the date to stop taking her medication , she has had enough of life ,we tried to change her mind her over the past few weeks but she wont listen. I have not taken this well and have been feeling poorly on and off but have had to carry on, it could take weeks .Its difficult, but we have to respect her choice.
I have to go over more often as Dad isnt coping but you and I will have that coffee one day I am going to make sure of it .
Have a lovely weekend hugs Elaine