Tuesday, 23 October 2012
I stamped randomly around the edge with versamark and clear powder.
then I brayered with raspberry adirondak. I repeated the process and then added stonewash.
Finally I repeated with eggplant.
I stamped the lady in eggplant and embossed her with clear embossing powder so that I could colour her with promarkers - not a clue which ones I used though lol.todays blog post
Monday, 22 October 2012
Sorry I haven't been here for a while I just don't know where the time goes. I have been busy making cards and stuff for my stall but somehow I don't seem to have found the time to blog.
I have just posted all of my new Christmas cards over on Facebook in my Christmas card album so feel free to take a look.
Anyway BIG news. It was my birthday yesterday and my lovely girls bought me a grand calibur. They sent for it from C&C the other week when it was on offer and it has been sat here for 3 weeks and I haven't played with it - how good was I.
I opened it yesterday and started to play but then I had lots of lovely visitors so didn't get a proper go until today.
the card is a 20 x 20 base
I bought a spellbinder grid die when I went to Harrogate and haven't used it until now. Unfortunately I didn't have any thinner black card so I used what I had 300 gsm. It took several passes but I got there eventually - patience is a virtue don't you know. I extended it so that I had a larger area.
I then took a piece of pearl card 19 x 19 and used a labels die to cut out a section - I did this twice and overlapped them in the middle to create a larger hole. ( only got one grandee die yet lol).
I then used a creative expressions embossing folder and in several goes went around the whole piece to emboss.I only used one half of the folder so that I could get all around the frame.
I cut another piece of black 19.5 x 19.5 , cut out the middle and rounded the corners.
I then layered it all on the base card.
I cut out some dies in red white and blue and stamped the red one with my sentiment.
The flowers are made from the same design set of dies. There is a small circle so I cut several for each flower and just made them by cutting sections of each one out and layering up.
A few black dots of bling in the top corner .
Wednesday, 10 October 2012
I made a frame from heavy duty grey board from paper artsy.
I coloured the bits before I assembled it with adirondak eggplant. I then overstamped with a Clarity stamp - florabunda in the same colour. I stamped a butterfly onto grungepaper and coloured in the same way.
I triple embossed both the frame and the butterfly to make them shiny I added frantage gold embossing enamel to the edges of the butterfly and melted it in. I restamped the frame with a final coat of versamark and sprinkle some more of the gold enamel powder and sunk this into the frame.
It will take a small photo. I really enjoyed doing something a little different.
Tuesday, 9 October 2012
When I was at the Winter Gardens on Saturday I was on a stall next to a lady who made the most beautiful bridal bouquets out of buttons. She also did some head bands tiaras and corsages.
As I am of the old school I still have a button box so I thought I'd have a play today and this is the result.
Monday, 8 October 2012
I got these Clarity stamps it is a set consisting of the sentiment, the tree and a long stamp with the children and animals.
adirondak - sunshine yellow
Tim Holtz distress inks - victorian velvet, aged mahogany, shabby shutters, forest moss.
Archival - coffee.
I used by brayer and inks for the background, then added trees before finally stamping the children.
Friday, 5 October 2012
20 x 20 pearl base card
gold mirri card
memory die leafy trail
Dimension stamps flower stamp
gold embossing powder
Sunshine yellow adirondak ink
xcut fancy square die
I printed the sentiment on the computer and cut out with the xcut die. I cut a large one in mirri card to frame it. I cut some leafy trails and distressed with yellow. I also went around the edges of a 19 x 19 pearl white card with yellow. and mounted it onto mirri and then on the base card.
I stamped the flowers onto vellum with versamark and also stamped the script stamp from the same set over the top. Embossed with gold and distressed with more yellow and then made the flowers up.
I cut down some of the leafy trails before mounting.
Wednesday, 3 October 2012
It is a friends 50th Wedding Anniversary this week and as I had recently purchased some really nice number stamps I thought I would use them. I can't for the life of me remember who makes them as I have thrown the packaging away. I also wanted to play with other new purchases flitter glue and some peacock guilding flakes. I found some nice paper that my friend gave me it is a beautiful embossed dark green colour with a sheen to it .
20 x 20 base ca.rd in gold
19.5 x 19.5 cream pearl card
15.5 x 15.5 scrap card
15 x 15 green embossed shiny paper
same paper for flowers
cream peal card for centrepeice
flitter glu - indigo blue
peackcock guilding flakes - indigo blu
x cut shape die cut
spellbinder spiral flower
2 at pins
I pierced around the cream pearl card just to add a bit more.
I stamped the sentiments and the number with flitter glu and guilded them and then cut out the shape.
I then cut a larger shape and a frame shape out of scrap and guilded the frame and around the edges of the full shape. I added the frame around the sentiment and then mounted at right angles on the full shape.
I took the scrap card and added red tape around the edge to add my guilding flakes and mounted the green paper onto that and then mounted the whole lot on the card base.
I cut three flowers in the green paper and made them into flowers. I touched them hither and thither with the flitter glu and added the guilding. I used some more on the hat pins and guilded those two.
Bit ott but never mind