Wednesday 3 October 2012

Golden wedding



It is a friends 50th Wedding Anniversary this week and as I had recently purchased some really nice number stamps I thought I would use them.  I can't for the life of me remember who makes them as I have thrown the packaging away.  I also wanted to play with other new purchases flitter glue and some peacock guilding flakes.  I found some nice paper that my friend gave me it is a beautiful embossed dark green colour with a sheen to it .







20 x 20 base ca.rd in gold
19.5 x 19.5 cream pearl card
15.5 x 15.5 scrap card
15 x 15 green embossed shiny paper
same paper for flowers
scrap card
cream peal card for centrepeice
sentiment stamps
number stamps
flitter glu - indigo blue
peackcock guilding flakes - indigo blu
x cut shape die cut
spellbinder spiral flower
2 at pins



I pierced around the cream pearl card just to add a bit more.

I stamped the sentiments and the number with flitter glu and guilded them and then cut out the shape.

I then cut a larger shape and a frame shape out of scrap and guilded the frame and around the edges of the full shape.  I added the frame around the sentiment and then mounted at right angles on the full shape.
I took the scrap card and added red tape around the edge  to add my guilding flakes and mounted the green paper onto that and then mounted the whole lot on the card base.

I cut three flowers in the green paper and made them into flowers.  I touched them hither and thither with the flitter glu and added the guilding.  I used some more on the hat pins and guilded those two.

Bit  ott but never mind

5 comments:

Jane said...

What a fabulous card! X

the glass boutique said...

Beautiful card Linda x

Ann said...

This is beautiful I especially love the flowers, whats flitter glue for?xx

Linda Page said...

Hi Ann
Flitter glu is sold by indigo blu . Its very sticky and you use it for sticking guilding flakes and glitter etc. You can stamp with it and then add flakes.
x

Jo Rice said...

Hi Linda, what a fab card and I love the way you have used the FlitterGlu and flakes. Thanks for more ideas... See you on Sunday. X