Wednesday 20 February 2013

Sew glad your my friend

I have been asked to make a card for a lady who is into sewing and this Clarity Haberdashery set  the bill perfectly. I also used the tape measure





I inked and splodged and just generally made a messy background with aged mahaogany and victorian velvet.  I then used the smalll gingham stamp over the top to make a background. I distressed another piece of card lightly with the pink and then stamped the little ribbons around the edge.  This stamp has three sections and I only wanted the bit with the knot it in so I cut it off -..... you are now decapitated!

The mannequin was stamped twice and the form bit is layered up as are the cotton reels and the in cushion. The buttons are a mixture of both.  I found some little patterned papers from a free pad to make the three rolls of material.

8 comments:

Hellen Pearce said...

Great card Linda, never thought of using the gingham stamp like that and love the rolls of fabric! x

Lynne said...

It's great, Linda. That set is on my wish list. I love the little rolls of fabric, it's a clever idea. x

Jane said...

Lovely! I really need this set!!!...Don't think my vouchers will last long at Harrogate!!!

Linda Page said...

Thanks for your lovely comments. This set is close to my heart as I used to do a lot of dressmaking

DBL28 said...

Absolutely gorgeous, what a piece of artwork.

Claire said...

This is beautiful Linda, love the measuring tape... its looks so real!!! Lots of work in this card.

Bernie Simmons said...

It's lovely I like the rolls of material what a good idea! And the buttons well everything really xxx

Unknown said...

fabulous card ! she will love it xx