Wednesday 6 February 2013

Scatter seeds







Isn't it surprising where you get your inspiration from? Earlier today my fiend Colette Halstead  http://www.colettehalstead.co.uk/ who makes some fabulous fused glass pieces, posted a picture on facebook of some seed heads that she had harvested last Autumn it was such a lovely picture I thought I must have a bash at turning that into a card.  The colours are not quite as orange - down to the choice of inks pads that I had to play with.

I used a whole mix of adirondaks, distress inks and archival black for the stamping.  The stamps are from Inkylicious.

I honestly don't think I could have done this without my splodgemat. talk about brayering or what.

I started with the topper and covered in sunshine yellow, then built up the colours with wild honey, spiced marmalade, vintage photo mushroom and then went round the edge with a bit of pitch black.  I treated the card in the same fashion but kept it lighter by stopping after I had added a touch of vintage photo.
I stamped with the archival black and added the verse.

I hope you like it - I am quite chuffed
Thanks for stopping by.


4 comments:

Ann said...

wow I love this one- bet it too a while to make-great colours.x

Joyce said...

Love it ... what gorgeous colours! x

Pat Taylor said...

Wow Linda! This is fabulous and I just love that verse! Is it a clarity?! Don't remember seeing it! Take care xxx

DBL28 said...

Love the colours.