Monday 4 February 2013

another 60th Birthday card

It has been a bit of a miserable day here rainy, grey and cold so apart from a quick trip to the local recycling facility I have been catching up on some crafting.  I had made several card that had no inserts, boxes and envelopes etc. so I have sorted those out and then I made this card for a 60th birthday. I have a friend who is 60 next week and the one I posted yesterday was for the same lady but was a commission from a mutual friend.


I felt like a change today so I thought I would get my mica powders out to play today, I love the finish they give especially on black cardstock

I have used the Juliet stamp from Indigoblu
the 60 is made from the stamps that I once bought from a European company and some day I will see them again at a craft show and might be able to tell you where I got them from they are lovely for ladies age cards.
I also used a tiny flourish stamp that crafty individuals included as a free gift when I ordered a paper pad from them.
The central topper is Clarity coated black card stock 
Silver and Black mirri card
Perfect pearl and some cosmic shimmers mica powders
Versamark

I stamped the main image in versamark and then the 60. I used the mica powders randomly but I mixed a bit of pink with white for her face area then just used some lilac/blue shades.  I then stamped the swirls around the edge and added more mica powders.

I lightly brushed off the excess powders onto some scrap paper that I had on the desktop where I had mixed the pink and white.

I then cut a piece of black mirri card the right size and stamped with the flourish around the edge.  I gathered all the spare mica that was on my scrap paper and used this to cover the flourishes.. waste not want not.
After leaving everything for a little while to make sure the versamark was properly dry I then buffed it all up and matted and layered with silver mirri.

I just wish I was better at taking photos but you get the general idea it is actually much nicer and more vibrant in real life LOL.

I may or may not be here tomorrow as I still have lots of unfinished cards to sort out as I am gradually getting ready for my first craft fair of the year which will be at the beginning of March.

Thanks for stopping by.








3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely Linda, really pretty x

Ann said...

This is great love t he mica powders, where is your show we will come and see you?x

Pat Taylor said...

Fabulous card Linda! I don't have any of that black card think I should invest in some and the mica powders as well! Take care now xxx