Friday 22 February 2013

mothers day 1

A series of mothers day cards to follow - busy making some for my first craft fair at the beginning of march

victorian velvet distress ink
Small Mother's Day sentiment - can't remember where I got this from
pink promarker


I used pearl card for this and lightly brayered to take down the whiteness of the card and added a little distressing around the edge.
Randomly stamped the sprig and butterflies. I used this sprig as it has the same leaves has parts of the montage stamp.
I stamped the montage stamp and embossed with clear embossing powder on some more pear card (that I also brayered to take away the whiteness).  I also gave the same treatment to two further stamps onto vellum.

I cut out the whole of the butterfly in the vellum and then a smaller section - this stamp is in really easy sections to layer up and I also cut out the two tiny butterfiles but only one layer.  

I stamped the sentiment in a wavy line as though the butterfly was leaving a trail and joined them to gether with a row of dots with the promarker.




3 comments:

Pat Taylor said...

Hi Linda, this card is so adorable if you can call a card that! It's so delicate and the colour is my favourite distress ink! Take care now Love Pat xxx

Bernie Simmons said...

Very delicate lovely card Linda I like this one a lot.

DBL28 said...

really lovely