Tuesday 19 January 2016

groovi dt samples - trellis, lattice, tags, peonie


As soon as I saw the trellis plate - it just reminded my of those boxes that people little trees in   outside their doors 



So here is my version lol 




 Using a grid and piercing I pierced a rectangle the right size to mat and layer on an A5 card.

I used the faux stitching line from the border plate.

then I made a faint pencil mark where the middle was and lined up one of the tag and just did three sides then flipped my parchment around to create the top I did the middle one first so I could match the spaces in between then did the outside ones.  I added the arch top from the top of the tag then filled in the centre with the trellis.  

I then added the three peonies (these were my "bushes") then added stems with the border plate 

coloured in from the back and snipped around the edge.  Matted and layered on some G45 paper 



15 comments:

Maria Moorhouse said...

This was one of my fave samples Linda, such a cool idea! X

Linda Page said...

Thank you xx

June Smith said...

Morning Linda, amazing, I think I saw this on Hochanda as a sample and was struck by how it reminded me of the same plants outside posh peoples houses, mind you have I also seen the chains that were at the back of the pots so that they could not be taken away.......what a terrible thing society is today to have to do that. Anyway I digress, the card is so beautiful, and imaginative, I love it. You have surpassed yourself again, thank you.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Linda Page said...

Thanks June x

Emma Burns said...

I too thought this was a fabby idea. such a great design and it looks so inviting. Hugs and thank you for sharing. xxx

Lisapmac said...

Brilliant design idea, you're on fire this month with your Groovi DT debut, I look forward to seeing your next samples xx

Linda Page said...

Thank you Emma x

Linda Page said...

Thank you Lisa x

Linda Page said...

Thank you Lisa x

Unknown said...

Catching up with Groovi I recorded. Is that your sample on the screen? If it is or not your sample is stunning. Sorry about tomorrow's class, so disappointed. Looks like I might have to get into the Groove after all. X

Linda Page said...

If it's this one then yes it's mine lol. I won't be at club this week as I am running a grooving workshop in Fleetwood

Linda Page said...

If it's this one then yes it's mine lol. I won't be at club this week as I am running a grooving workshop in Fleetwood

Yorkie girl said...

Hi mate yet another beautiful design you have given us to drool over I am so going to giv this one a go when I get my order from clarity Thanks for sharing Linda xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Theresa x

Linda Page said...

Thanks Theresa x