Friday 15 January 2016

groovi dt samples - frilly circles, sprig and nested octagens


Home from a lovely break and the journey was uneventful.  
A beautiful sunny day but chilly still it was nice and toasty in the car!  You know how I am always saying it rains a lot here ?  well we drove all the way down in lovely weather until we hit Lancashire then the heavens opened and it rained all the way to Preston!!  it fined up a bit but as soon as we parked up and needed to unload the car - down it came again ...

I have had a busy old afternoon finishing off the groovi samples I have been doing whilst away for a groovi workshop next week in Fleetwood  

Any way I thought today I would blog this card from Maria's show on Wednesday 








I started by using  the frilly circle but I just did the outside then I went around one of the octagon lines that looked about right then I did a smaller one and then moved it around you can see from the pic how I did it 



I did a frame to fit around the edge using the lines from the border plates and then added a rope border inside the two sides .  Next came the sprig plate  followed but the line sentiments - without the lines.

Finally I added the flowers but also did some extra so that I could layer them up 








I cut out the flowers, added some white work and some colouring for the leaves.  I pierced around the edge and snipped out but I also used a fine grid to pieced between the octagon frame 







18 comments:

Jane said...

Oooh this is so beautiful! Xxxxx

Jane said...

Oooh this is so beautiful! Xxxxx

Linda Page said...

Thank you my dear x

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning work Linda, and I can see why you are on the Groovi team!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Emma Burns said...

Simply stunning work Linda. Thank you for sharing how you did this little masterpiece. And you took photos lol. Hugs my dear friend. Thank you too for popping over to my little blog, very much appreciated. (still not having any luck, but I do not mind popping back here to have a quick chat) Hugs xxxx

PatK said...

Love the ribbon effect with the frilly circle - wow! Absolute stunner

Linda Page said...

Thank you Linda x

Linda Page said...

Lol thanks Emma. I hope the pain is easing x

Linda Page said...

Thank you x

Yorkie girl said...

Linda your samples are beautiful I had to get the new rose plate and the tags and a few more. Lol
Thank you for sharing your skills. T xx

Linda Page said...

Thank you Theresa x

Lisapmac said...

Many thanks for the step by step, beautiful sample xx

June Smith said...

Morning Linda, oh you have been busy, I love the idea of the layered flowers on the top, I am assuming that you stuck this on the top with a little dab of glue possibly behind the white work.

My Roses and Trellis plates arrived yesterday so I must have a play. I think so far the frills are my favourite border plates, but that can change........watch this space.

Glad you got home safely.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Linda Page said...

Morning June. Thank you..I stuck them on with sticky pads but yes behind white work x

Linda Page said...

Morning June. Thank you..I stuck them on with sticky pads but yes behind white work x

Brawny x said...

Absolutely beautiful. Lovely card x

Linda Page said...

Thank you Lea

Linda Page said...

Thank you Lea