Friday, 15 January 2016

groovi dt samples - frilly circles, sprig and nested octagens


Home from a lovely break and the journey was uneventful.  
A beautiful sunny day but chilly still it was nice and toasty in the car!  You know how I am always saying it rains a lot here ?  well we drove all the way down in lovely weather until we hit Lancashire then the heavens opened and it rained all the way to Preston!!  it fined up a bit but as soon as we parked up and needed to unload the car - down it came again ...

I have had a busy old afternoon finishing off the groovi samples I have been doing whilst away for a groovi workshop next week in Fleetwood  

Any way I thought today I would blog this card from Maria's show on Wednesday 








I started by using  the frilly circle but I just did the outside then I went around one of the octagon lines that looked about right then I did a smaller one and then moved it around you can see from the pic how I did it 



I did a frame to fit around the edge using the lines from the border plates and then added a rope border inside the two sides .  Next came the sprig plate  followed but the line sentiments - without the lines.

Finally I added the flowers but also did some extra so that I could layer them up 








I cut out the flowers, added some white work and some colouring for the leaves.  I pierced around the edge and snipped out but I also used a fine grid to pieced between the octagon frame 







Post a Comment