Wednesday 20 January 2016

groovi dt sample - octagons and tags

Hello there back again with another dt sample



I came on the lap top this morning to do one thing - a blog post but I got distracted trying to figure google plus next I knew it was lunchtime and still I hadn't written this post.  

I have now had my soup so will fill you in  on how I did this









I started by creating a frame using the octagon plate.  I then decided to add the tag "head" around the edge.  I place the ones over the corners first keeping a mental note of where I lined them up  then the ones on the straight edges I just eyeballed in the middle .

To make the box in the middle I first used the line sentiment without embossing the line in the middle of the frame. Then using the tag I created a box around it by filling my parchment around to get the shape at both ends  - I quite liked how that turned out .

I then used various sizes of the small octagons to create the patter over lapping but stopping when I got to the edge or the central box.  I used a white, dark blue and paler blue pencil to colour in' added some white work to the frame and pierced and snipped around the edge


Thanks for stopping by today

No comments: