Friday 30 August 2013

Clarity Homework

Hi everyone its Friday its 5 to 5 its crackerjack!

Sorry to disappoint - its actually 1.15 and after a morning of shopping I thought I would just take 10 minutes to have a spot of lunch and post this blog before I put my nurses hat on, remove hubby's bandages and bathe his legs before we go to the leg clinic for clean dressings.

So tomorrow is the last chance to get your entries into the Claritystamp challenge blog  so if you haven't got your entry in yet for a chance of winning a £50 voucher get in quick.  This month's theme is animals and we have had some great entries.  Do not ever ever think you are not good enough because you are (and anyway the winner is picked by a random number generator) so every entry has an equal chance of winning.

Anyway I digress this weekend sees the lovely Barbara Gray work her magic on the tellybox.  I won't be able to watch live on Saturday as this lucky lady is off to do a Clarity workshop with the lovely Maria Simms so my Sky+ box is set for Saturday and Sunday and I shall sit down on Saturday evening and watch the classroom - if I am not crafted out I may play along as I got the jigsaw stamp but sadly not had time to play with it :(.
So here are a couple of cards that I have sent in as homework - if they get shown

This first card uses the trellis stencil and I also used a wide tooth plastic comb to draw lines in the paint . overstamped with both sizes of the leafy swirl and I used a spellbinder die to cut out part of another gelli print to make the flower








.
I had been doing some gelli prints using pearly white, silver and black and I had a very messing plate at the end so I used some double sided sticky to "save" it and so here I have used it up I stuck it paint side up on some silver mirri card added talc to make it smooth and then stamped with black and clear embossing powder.  Mounted it all onto a black 8 x 8 that I had previously embossed with the leafy swirl and silver embossed

Well that's all for now folks - this post took a little longer than expected so hubby's  legs are now free and he is in the shower! 

Have a great weekend everyone - looking forward to tomoz.





7 comments:

Lynne said...

Beautiful cards Linda. I shall look out for them tomorrow. x

Lisapmac said...

Gorgeous x

Unknown said...

will be watching out for your homework ... love that part of the shows xx

Jo Rice said...

Gorgeous cards Linda....I am away for the weekend so have set the recorder...will look out for your cards when I get back...will miss the workshop tomorrow....have fun and see you at the next one....x

Linda said...

Beautiful cards Linda. I'll be recording the shows so I'll keep a look out for these when I settle down to watch. Have a great weekend and enjoy the class with Maria. Hugs ..... Linda xx

Mindful craft said...

Beautiful cards Linda, enjoy your weekend xx

Bernie Simmons said...

Lovely cards Linda as alway's xx