Friday, 23 August 2013

Happy Birthday to my eldest girl

Yesterday was the turn of my Eldest daughter to have her birthday so today I can share the card I made for her. As she lives not too far away we were able to get together with her husband and my grandson and we went for a lovely meal to celebrate her birthday and my grandson becoming a teenager the day before. Feeling old xx

So here is the card - totally different for me so would love to know what you think?


I saw a studio 490 blog post and whilst this is totally totally different it set me off down this path.  I started with the flowers.  I have some little sketchy flower stamps that I got from the stamp man ages ago. Now the last time I tried to use the modelling film from studio 490 it was a disaster and my efforts went in the bin but I thought I would give it a go .  I got out my stash of Tim Holtz paper - I have used bits that I had left over from the hidden attic pad (I think).  I stamped out the big and small flower three times in black archival. I did the same with the butterfly.  I stuck these onto the modelling film with cosmic shimmer and left to dry well.  I cut them out and then used dtp with marmalade distress ink then I added brown around the edges.  The butterflies are mustard seed and forest moss. I heated them and bent them (you need asbestos hands) and YES YES YES I managed it . I was so chuffed the rest of the card just followed on from there really I inked up some paper for the topper and the base and added the grunge paste which I then inked when dry.  I used grey board for the stems (just cut some strips) and die cut some leaves.  The frame around the words are also from the stamp man which I have had a long time - before I got a die cutting machine.

This set me off - so tomorrow's post are tags--- watch this space!





Post a Comment