Friday 23 August 2013

Happy Birthday to my eldest girl

Yesterday was the turn of my Eldest daughter to have her birthday so today I can share the card I made for her. As she lives not too far away we were able to get together with her husband and my grandson and we went for a lovely meal to celebrate her birthday and my grandson becoming a teenager the day before. Feeling old xx

So here is the card - totally different for me so would love to know what you think?


I saw a studio 490 blog post and whilst this is totally totally different it set me off down this path.  I started with the flowers.  I have some little sketchy flower stamps that I got from the stamp man ages ago. Now the last time I tried to use the modelling film from studio 490 it was a disaster and my efforts went in the bin but I thought I would give it a go .  I got out my stash of Tim Holtz paper - I have used bits that I had left over from the hidden attic pad (I think).  I stamped out the big and small flower three times in black archival. I did the same with the butterfly.  I stuck these onto the modelling film with cosmic shimmer and left to dry well.  I cut them out and then used dtp with marmalade distress ink then I added brown around the edges.  The butterflies are mustard seed and forest moss. I heated them and bent them (you need asbestos hands) and YES YES YES I managed it . I was so chuffed the rest of the card just followed on from there really I inked up some paper for the topper and the base and added the grunge paste which I then inked when dry.  I used grey board for the stems (just cut some strips) and die cut some leaves.  The frame around the words are also from the stamp man which I have had a long time - before I got a die cutting machine.

This set me off - so tomorrow's post are tags--- watch this space!





8 comments:

Linda said...

This is fab Linda, love the colours. The flowers and the butterfly are gorgeous, great job with the modelling film, love the dimension. It's always fun trying something new. Hugs ..... Linda xx

Linda Page said...

aw thanks Linda I really enjoyed doing it x

CazzaG said...

Just love this card Linda, it's fab.xx

Naomi said...

Great card Linda. Love the colours all warm fire feeling. Sometimes its lovely to get out of your comfort zone, especially as the rest is so great.

Lynne said...

I love that Linda. Fab colours and design. x

Janet Pring said...

It gets my vote Linda. I really like the look of it, great colours xx

Paula Whittaker said...

adore this card design - fab work.

Jo Rice said...

Brilliant work Linda , I think you nailed it....looking forward to seeing your tags too. Have a great weekend. X