Sunday, 1 September 2013

Vintage

VINTAGE

Its the time of the month again when the Claritystamp challenge DT showcase their ideas lay down the gaunlet for a new challenge.  Click here to take you the blog

Last months challenge was all about animals and it caused quite a stir there were some fantastic entries - so many clever crafters out there.


So this months theme - vintage.

Vintage, vintage, vintage - it went round in my head for ever - what stamps can I use for vintage  - no idea should I use a lady? what else can I use to put with her?  On I don't know.
Then I saw a card on fb that had used the london skyline DING! someone switched on the light lol

I have a vintage car and I also have a miniature vintage car - LONDON to BRIGHTON vintage car rally - get in!



This was not how I envisaged this card at all but after several attempts and layouts this is what I finished up with.  the London and Brighton orignally formed a frame that was partially cut into to hold a separate section but my middle bit failed miserably  and I wasn't happy so I salvaged them and started again after all they took ages to do as they are double embossed to make them look like tiles, and then I decided to do the same with the start!

I wanted the skyline just to be a misty bit of background really so I dragged some antique linen to start with and then sort of add a bit of mushroom  to one side and just at the top to give a more misty effect .  I added a few faint clouds and that was the sky done.

I used the brayer to add a bit of colour top right and bottom left of the background card. and with the help of some masking I stamped the cars (in my head they are lined up F1 grid fashion ready to start - not that they would go that fast lol). I added some ink to "ground" them.  mmm I really wanted it to stay sepia coloured but it didn't look right so I decided to use some muted tones on the cars.
I masked off a border  and then dragged in a bit of brown and then over stamped with the miniature car in some sort of similar colours to the main image.  I then covered these up and used my crackle stamp all over the page.

I hope it meets with your approval - will you be having a try at the the challenge - go on you know you can do it and there is a £50 voucher for the winner - can't be bad
Post a Comment