Sunday 24 March 2013

70th birthday

























I have been asked to make a 70th birthday card for a locksmith!!  Have to find a humourous verse yet but the outside is done.  I took a shape from a spellbinder and cut what I thought was the nearest shape I had to an escutcheon! so I cut one in White and then cut a small circle out with a die. I then manually cut out the bottom bit to make a key hole and stamped with archival ink with a flourish stamp from Clarity and inked around the edge with black soot.  I stamped a 70 and silver embossed onto black card then I also cut this out with the die to show the 70 through it .

I cut a strip of white card and randomly stamped some keys and the sentiment  I created the background using a background stamp that is all just keys. I used a second generation ink for this.

Labels

70 H & B stamps from the letter box set by Clarity
Big key  is from Crafty Individuals
small key is from the men's miniature set by Clarity
background keys stamp is from Kaisercraft.

3 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

Fab looking card....sure the recipient will love it.

Hellen Pearce said...

Great card Linda and so inventive - I'm sure they'll be thrilled!x

Pat Taylor said...

Brilliant Linda! I reckon he'll be chuffed to bits with it! xxx