Monday 1 February 2016

Claritystamp blog challenge 36 - Love



HAPPY FEBRUARY



Well I think we might all be glad to see the back of January we have lost soo many people not a good start to the year!  but on a much much brighter note I had a lovely afternoon yesterday at my youngest grandson's first birthday party.  I can't believe he is walking and one already the time has flown by very quickly.

We have also had a few days up in our favourite place on the bonnie banks of Loch Lomand and I was a very good girl and didn't go to the craft shop near Glasgow airport 


Have you seen all the entries on last month's challenge say it with flowers - WOW obviously a very popular theme we have had so  many entries and I would like to thank all of them for taking the time and trouble to join us  I have no idea how I am going to pick my top five 

Anyway this month's theme LOVE

I decided as I am so busy at the moment I would kill two birds with one stone and make a card that would do as a valentine card for Grumpy so I decided to give my stamping stuff an airing.





I have used word chains 2  & 6

the hearts are from wee folk wedding set 

the couple are from the very first wee folk set 

I was very good this month and took lots of pics as I went along ....but I can't find them anywhere?

Anyway I used the square stencil framer  towards the corner of my stencil card  and used a light coating of barn door distress ink.  then I dried it, added some anti static.  I stamped Love in black archival in the middle of the square 
I then used versamark and clear powder randomly over the rest of the square (having replaced the stencil)  now because I had added barn door first these words are not white but a paler red in real life.

When it was all dry and I added more barn door to give a deeper colour and of course the embossing added as a resist.  I went around the edges with aged mahogany to add a bit of shade.

for the rest of the stamping I used black  and red geranium archival .  Black sharpie pen around the edge and  mat and layered.

Right I am off to take another shot at picking my top five !! 






No comments: