Saturday 13 February 2016

groovi dt samples - henna borders


Hi there - are you fed up yet - lots more to follow lol

I am off to fellow dt member Susan Moran's workshop today over at Olive Green crafts - she is a truly fabulous parcher - very talented and is teaching me all sorts!

This one uses the fabulous henna borders.

The central panel is done separately from the background. and mounted on pink card,

I started with the nested oval and square to make a bowl.






I "decorated" the bowl using one of the sections on the henna groovi border followed by the half tone plate (dotty wave).


I used one of the mandalas to create 3 flowers - always do an odd number looks more natural.
I used a line from one of the plates to create the stems and various bits of foliage for leaves  I used the same flowers on a separate piece to create 3 more to snip out , colour and attach on top for a double layer with a brad.

I took another piece and pricked a rectangle  to frame the top piece and then around again to create a frame which I filled with the same scallop pattern some foliage in the corners then added dotty wave in the remaining space  .

See you tomorrow!





No comments: