Monday 15 February 2016

groovi samples - art nouveau border plates





Just a couple to go now - are you still with me ?




For this one I had this pretty paper I wanted to use for the background I have had it in my very large stash of papers that I hardly ever use. Maybe the groovi system will use some of it up?


I used the nested oval for a frame, added one of the lovely corners that come on the velvet lady top and bottom then used an element from the lace border to create the frame.

I added velvet in the middle and added an element from the same corner just behind for a bit of interest and the dots from the the lattice plate

A bit of white work, and coloured with pencils from behind,  

I pricked around the edge of the oval with a single needle ( so I could stitch the piece to the paper) and around the edge of the frame and in the corners with a double needle and snipped.

No comments: