Friday, 1 November 2013

Clarity challenge November - Christmas

Well here we are again the 1st of the month and time to post my inspiration for the Claritystamp Challenge blog.  What a month it has been .... First of all it was The great Northern Papercraft Extravaganza in Harrogate then the following week it was that fantastic Clarity weekend on the telly then some lucky people went to the Dome in Doncaster and finally this last weekend it was the SECC in Glasgow - all in all a very busy week for team Clarity and then to top it all  our Barbara launched her own blog - and wow what a blog ..fantastic inspiration and instructions on a daily basis - magic and finally the Challenge blog got a whole new facelift with a direct link to Barbara's blog &  her workshop listings together with all manner of other links.

Wow last month's entries - what to say except WOW WOW & WOW... such an amazing set of entries; how to pick my favourite 5 nigh on impossible; I spent ages and ages looking, gazing reading the blogs and just generally studying form so to speak.. but my contribution to the top 5 gets added to the other design team members top 5 and eventually they are selected.  So if you are one of them many congratulations and to the winner too.

So far this month's theme Christmas .......sometime ago I went to a workshop where I made a star book and as I have finally ..after several years of collecting...amassed the whole collection of the twas the night stamps so I thought I would combine the two and here is my effort.

The book itself is made in Navy blue card stock with an inner sleeve of silver mirri card.  each section was layered with two ripped pieces of white card each edge with a bit of blue and several sponged hillocks in blue and I added glitter, and some fir trees.  the "sky" was stamped with snowflakes, embossed in white and a gem in each one.  I then stamped,coloured matted and layered all  10 stamps and put them in order within the book. the back of the book was just stamped and embossed in silver whilst I made a separate topper for the front and used the letter box kit to make the title.  I threaded random bits of white and silver ribbon through the spine and tied them in a knot at the top.

Post a Comment