Wednesday 20 November 2013

purple butterfly

Good morning  I was up at the crack of doom today so after spending time on Fb and catching up on other blog posts I have just made another cuppa and time to share some cards with you.  I had hoped to do these yesterday but time ran away, so here I am now and I will schedule a few as its going to be a busy few days coming up.  
I have a friend coming for coffee this morning  and I need to run an errand this afternoon, tomorrow I have a stall at a Christmas Market at Crown Paints - where I used to work - then I have another fair on Saturday and oh the dreaded weekly shop to fit in and the prep for my next workshop over at Craftrange next Wednesday - you can see what we will be doing if you hit the craftrange tab at the top!.
So this is a card I made for my lil Sis her birthday was at the weekend.

I got out the lovely gelli plate and used some lilac's white pearl silver metallic and some purple metallics now don't ask in what order I did what as I have no idea   I haven't had much time to play with them (yes I have two) but I love it and just go with my instincts till It's either a keep or a whizzy lol
So I made the background on the 6 x 6 and then I used the ghost but this was a bit patchy for the square in the middle.  I cleaned the plate with double sided sticky - I wanted this - I do love this trick.  I then stamped and embossed in silver the montage, twice and the smaller butterfly once and stuck them onto the ds stuff, added talc to the sticky side so it was good to go and added a few flowers and bit of purple ribbon.  

6 comments:

Hellen Pearce said...

Pretty colours and design Linda, bet your lil sis loved it! Handy tip about the double sided sticky - must get my gelli plate out and have a go! Good luck at the craft fairs, hope you enjoy x

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous card Linda and loving the colours you've used.
I got my second Gelli at the NEC as Sam Crowe advises to use them together (instead of cleaning brayer on copy paper put it on your other Gelli!).
Good luck with your Fairs and thanks for sharing xx

Linda Page said...

Oh now thats a good tip Yvonne - thanks for passing it on x

Jo Rice said...

Morning Linda, what a lovely card , the colours and your use of the Gelli are fab....I hope your sister feels better and that your fairs go really well...crafty hugs...x

Naomi said...

Beautiful card Linda, love the colours. Hope you enjoyed experimenting with the gilli plate, best of luck at the fair.

Theresa said...

this is beautiful Linda. love the background, topper, whole composition really xx