Monday 1 April 2013

In the Garden


This is my design team contribution to the Clarity Challenge blog

The theme is in the garden.





 I didn't really know where to start with this challenge.  I don't have the garden set so my first thought was to do  a garden scene looking through the window at the bird table  but it didn't look right as the perspective was all wrong .  I thought about putting the bird table in this garden but that didn't work perspective wise either so in the end this is what I came up with.  The trees in the background started life as the twig from the bird song set and dressed with some leaves that come with the split tree set  the path and pavement are hand drawn
The little girls are part of the meadow dance set as they seemed to be just the right size! so with a bit of masking off I managed to just get two of them.  I didn't want "fluffy" clouds in the sky so I used a piece of torn paper.


Labels: all Clarity stamps
trees
leaves
Lamp posts and hillocks
garden fence
foliage behind fence
little girls


16 comments:

Hellen Pearce said...

Beautiful card Linda x

Jane said...

Its a brilliant card Linda and proves that you don't need a specific Garden stamp set to do a card on the garden theme. Well done! xx

Yvonne said...

This is such a clever card Linda. What a good idea to use the twig stamp with leaves. The little girls dancing n the garden are perfect. X

Naomi said...

Wishing to be that young and carefree on a beautiful sunny day. That's the way your card Linda makes me feel. Well done, a true piece of art to make the viewer imagine themselves as part of it.

Louise said...

It's beautiful, Linda x

Bernie Simmons said...

Very Lovely I do like this Linda.xxx Takes me back to childhood when my Tummy was my only clock!

Pat Taylor said...

This is fabulous Linda! It does take you back to your childhood were you played outside without a care in the world! The good old days lol xxx

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful .. reminds me of happy days spent in my grandad's garden....and if a card can give me lovely memories like that then it definitely worked xxx Annie Off to find my mojo .... xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Annie hope you find your mojo has it gone a bit walkabout xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Louise - hope you are going to enter the challenge x

Linda Page said...

Thanks Pat glad you like it. Are you going to enter the challenge?

DBL28 said...

Everyone has such a different take on the theme. Beautifully done.

Linda Page said...

thank you

Lynne said...

Such a lovely scene Linda. Those Meadow Dance girls finish it off perfectly. They give it a really happy feel. x

Jo Rice said...

This is truly beautiful Linda, and such a clever interpretation of the theme....I love it....hugs, Jo. X

Sazzle said...

What a great garden scene Linda, this shows the versatility of Clarity stamps as well as the imagination of the crafter :-) Great inspiration!


xx Sazzle xx