Wednesday 17 April 2013

More Roses!

Morning Everyone 3 cards for my blog today.  I actually made these last week but have only just got around to posting them on here.  A continuation of me laying with the Clarity Rose, the mini version of the rose from the ATC set and the leafy twirls - a few random sentiment stamps and a spellbinder shape.





the background has been coloured lightly with my brayer added the leafy twirls then the rose was stamped and embossed in silver, coloured with a paintbrush and the same antique rose distress ink as the background.


The second card was done by cutting out an aperture.  I stamped the leafy twirl in versamark and embossed in silver.  I used the versamark ink pad straight around the edges - very randomly and embossed that too together with the sentiment then layered over the leafy twirl.  The rose was embossed in the same way cut out and stuck on top.


My final card of the trio was the first one I made, I stamped the rose cut it out and coloured with promarkers. I masked off a portion of the card and using the mini rose created a boarder, I coloured the background with a sponge and some moss green distress ink and then used pro markers to colour  the roses.  I added the leafy twirl and sentiment and then used foam pads to stick the rose on.  

At this point I thought that looks ok for a quick card but then I dropped my ink pad on it .  so I salvaged the rose and started again grr.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Lovely cards Linda. I really like how you've used the mini rose head. I might have to get that ATC set.
Dropping the ink pad is the sort of thing I do. :)
x

Ann said...

Hi Linda great cards as usual. i am always dropping the ink pad - but it seems to always land on my top or the carpet- face down of course!! see you at the weekend.x

Pat Taylor said...

Fabulous cards Linda! Can't make my mind between one and two as to which is my favourite! Love them all though! Take care xxx