Friday 12 April 2013

Personalised Golden wedding card

This was a commission for a lady who visited my stall when I was at the Masonic Hall in Darwen last Saturday.  She was very kind and loved my cards in particularly my more (what I call) arty farty ones.
Needless to say she wanted something for a couple who were celebrating their golden wedding and we looked at various cards on the stall and the stamps used and this is the end result.  I started with plain white card and used antique linen and wild honey inks for all the distressing and stamping.  the background stamp is one I have used quite a few times and the couple like to travel so I used my big atlas stamp for the topper
I stamped two "sketcy" hearts with a free stamp from a magazine I once got and the letters come from a box full of small clear stamps I have had for several years.  I have used a mixture of the wet ink and and some versamark and added gold mica powder just to bling it up a bit.

 I was a bit worried about it but I delivered it on Wednesday and she was thrilled to bits .....phew x

labels

background stamp
atlas stamp

12 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

lovely soft colouring and stamping. I'm not surprised she loved it.

Linda Page said...

Thank you Paula x

Moira said...

Beautiful card Linda, totally understand why she loved it.

Linda Page said...

Thanks Moira x

Bernie Simmons said...

Loved this one ....beautiful card Linda. xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Linda, no wonder she was pleased, you would never find one like it in the shops x

Linda Page said...

Thanks Berniex

Linda Page said...

Oh thanks Julie x

Naomi said...

Lovely card Linda.

Unknown said...

gorgeous, Linda, it's always a relief when they get to see it and say they like it ... mind you this is so unique she wouldn't find another like it :) xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Annie and yes it was a huge relief even though we had a discussion certainly not like any other golden wedding card lol

Jo Rice said...

Beautiful card Linda...and so special.... It was great to catch up with you the other day....hugs, Jo. X