Monday 1 July 2013

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside



As  I sit and schedule this post it is still Flaming June - a time when we should be basking in sunshine possibly thinking of taking a trip to be beside the sea? - yea right  its Wimbledon and Glastonbury so what do you know - yep you guessed it is pouring down (well it is where I live)  It is actually sun shining at Wimbledon at the moment but it was raining there too earlier .

I cannot believe that it is July on Monday (It is late afternoon on Friday as I write) and time for another Claritystamp challenge they certainly come around quickly we are  starting challenge five already it doesn't seem two minutes ago that I was so very excited to be asked to be  a part of the design team for it. I am  still  excited to be part of  such a talented group of people and what about all the fantastic entries we get - there are some really clever crafters out there. It is  a real struggle to pick out my favourite 5 each month so I am really pleased that we don't have to pick the winner and to be fair to one and all it is far better to have a the winner picked at random as that way both experienced crafters and newbies get an equal opportunity to win such a great prize.

Anyway so the theme this month is 
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside!

So here is my creation!



 I was inspired by the beach hut stamps and in my head this is a row of beach huts against the sea wall underneath the promenade with the town behind - well that's what was in my head ! - I know it is a very weird place inside my head.  Anyway as I planned it I thought it still lacked a bit of something so that's when I decided to use the 1st class vertical ATC stamp  (I removed the ink from the writing)
I have to admit that the scene took some working out - and quite a lot of masks had to be made !!
I don't know that the picture shows it too well but the railing along the top of my "sea wall" was made with the bottom bit of the hanging vine stamp - it was the round bits that reminded me of the round knobs that you get on such railings - I told you it was weird inside my head.   I also added the Church spire - just cos I could, and I used promarkers to colour.   Oh I do wish I was at the sunny sea side sat in that chair..........oh well a girl can dream.

deck chair
beach huts
single beach hut
1st class stamp stamp
hanging vine
street
street
church







15 comments:

Naomi said...

Wonderful project Linda, wow and all that masking, what patience. It was worth it, what a lovely card.

rae d said...

tremendous detailing on this Linda and the sand is perfect. Great card :-)

Hellen Pearce said...

Love this card Linda, it's like a seaside postcard scene to me - fab! x

Lynne said...

Great card Linda. It really shows how you can build up a scene with a few stamps and some clever masking. Great idea to use the bottom of the vine stamp. I think it's quite creative inside your head. :) x

Yvonne said...

Amazing card Linda. You've built up the scene perfectly and I love the touch of the church spire in the background.
Great sand too - I would love to receive this xxx

Paula Whittaker said...

Fabulous stamping.

Angela said...

Great card, I can just imagine myself in the deck chair!

Sazzle said...

I think your mind is a great place to be especially if it comes up with this gorgeous artwork :-) Love the scene and I can just see myself on the beach looking back into the town! "Oh I do like to be beside the seaside....."

xx Sazzle xx

Janet Pring said...

Brilliant card Linda, it must have taken a lot of working out - but worth it, the results are wonderful x

Bernie Simmons said...

Wonderful Card Linda ...ahh the deck chair and a book beckons.xxx

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

What a lovely card Linda, we must have been on the same beach because I could see the wall behind the beach huts. Great stamping. Sam x

Gez Butterworth said...

Wow! So much work and detail Linda. Fabulous card. Really wish I was sat on your beach.xx

Jo Rice said...

Stunning card Linda, and you have made so many masks....well your time was spent well as you have created a brilliant piece of Art. Hugs. X

Mindful craft said...

A lot of work here Linda but so worth while, it's amazing...xx

Jane said...

Brilliant card Linda! So much masking but it's all paid off as its a great holiday scene! xx