Tuesday 13 November 2012

Santa in the sky

Oh  I haven't had a good day today no mojo.  I finally get around to being able to  play with inks and stuff and mjo decides to go for a wander hope he's back by tomorrow I have some commisions I need to make but want to do the Christmas ones first.

Anyhoo this is a 20 x 20 card base .
The background was brayered with the Hydrangea Big & Juicy inkpad and of course the splodge mat.  The topper was done with the same inkpad but further into the darker area.  I left a moon and I then sprayed with water finely and rolled over with paper towel to make it "starry".  Today's blog post The buildings are a stamp I got from Inkylicious a few years ago it can be a bit temperamental - methinks I could do with getting some of that clingy stuff to give it a bit of padding as it is not very tall but quite long.

The Santa is a beloved Clarity stamp but only has two reindeer so I inked up the stamp and then masked off the topper and just stamped 2 reindeer then I re inked and added the full stamp behind so that it looks continuous.

Both layers are mounted on some complimentary purplish card from my stash and the sentiment is a Clarity stamp.

4 comments:

Louise said...

Love it!

Jo Rice said...

Lovely card Linda, do hope your mojo comes back tomorrow. At least you have started your Xmas cards..... Wish I had.....hugs. X

Linda Page said...

Thanks Jo

I haven't actually started on my Christmas cards they are all either for commissions or my stall. I think I'll just be using what I haven't sold lol and if I have none left - I'll just panic xx

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

This is lovely Linda, just been brayering myself.