Thursday 22 November 2012

Retirement Card


My next commission was for a retirement card for a man. I took my inspiration from a card I did on a workshop with Maria Simms.

20 x 20 brown base card
I cut out 9 brown squares and 8 white ones. I distressed the white ones and a piece that was 19 x 19 .  I used flitter glue, with royal peacock guilding flakes and the stamps are a mixture of
cogs - from Kanban
Minature fob watch and large fob watch (centrepeice) from Clarity
a round sentiment from little Claire and another watch fob that came with craft stamper magazine a long time ago.


the centrepiece was made by stamping the sentiment,and then I had to put the flakes on before I could mask it to then add the fob watch.( how do I know to add the guilding flakes first LOL).


6 comments:

Ann said...

Lovely card Linda, and the Darwen Tower is great too- good to keep Darwen or Darren on the map. Hope you are wellxx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Ann xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Ann xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Ann xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Ann xx

Jo Rice said...

Great card Linda, and the image of you and the flakes made me smile.....hugs. X