Wednesday 21 November 2012

Darwen Tower Xmas card

I have been busy making commissions and still have some more to go but I will post a few before I get them out.

For those of you who don't know - on the moors above Darwen there is a jubilee tower that was erected to celebrate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee - we all call it Darwen tower but its official title is the Jubilee Tower.tower.

I have an old wood mounted stamp of the tower - I am very lucky as my friend also has a smaller version so we can swap about!!

Anyway back to the card I stamped in slate grey adirondak and then cut out the oval - the stamp lends itself to an oval but the way the ground has been drawn.  I  brayered the background for the sky and added glitter for snow and on the castle ( though it doesn't show on the picture.  These cards are going across the pond so I added the sentiment from Darwen.  I stamped some holly in two opposite corners with Judikins sticky stuff - heated it up and added glitter. Two rows of ds tape across the middle and glitter.

I have kept the card flat to keep postage costs down.

No comments: