Wednesday 14 March 2012

Tweet Tweet

I decided to make this card when I was inspired by a very plain card I saw in a magazine.  It was entirely white with one little square about 1" across with a stamped image and a sentiment.  Needless to say that this card looks nothing like it!!!

I started by stamping the images on three little squares and triple embossing them. ( I did still intend to make 3 cards at this point).

Then I decided to bung them all on one DL card.  I made the background by stamping with a script stamp, colouring the card to a pinky colour with distress in and my inkylicous brushes, then matted and layered the panel and the tiles and stuck it all together.

Hope you like it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely card Lindylou I have these stamps they are fAB . Why dont you enter this one into the challenge at :
http://theribbonreelchallenge.blogspot.com/

their challenge is for cards made with script on them , give it a go , this has potential.
Hugs Elaine

Unknown said...

If you dont know how to enter there is a good blog site which is full of hints about what to do and how to enter challenges it is :

http://craftbloggers.blogspot.com/search/label/Blog%20Challenges

it also has lots of other useful blog info and questions answered on there . hugs Elaine

Linda Page said...

Hi Elaine

Thanks for your kind comments. As you can see I am new to blogging so I will checkout the challenges.

Thanks

Linda

Pauline said...

Lovely to see you at The Ribbon Reel this week Linda, your card is perfect for our challenge. A fab design, and the stamps are lovely. I love your nautical themed card too, that knot is a great embellishment, and the torn maps look so antique!
Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!