Thursday 22 March 2012

last of the men

Hi two last cards for men.  I imported line drawings into Desk top publisher and then recoloured the line drawings and manipulated the sizes.

For the first one I printed it onto white card and then painted it with distress ink.  I then inked up the edges of an acrylic block and spritzed it with water after cleaning the middle with kitchen roll I then pressed the block over the car thus leaving a rectangle which I cut out once dry.  I uteed the whole thing then froze it for 10 mins before cracking the glaze.  I matted and layered on brown then  fawn coloured core card torn at the edges.  the printed paper is some Tim Holtz.


Printed the image as above but then cut out with die. distressed the edges.  Printed the words on the brown card and then onto cream card but this time manipulated the word journey by using the emboss and outline function.  found a strip of Tim Holtz paper for the backing.


I am struggling with uploading my pics sometimes whilst they look the right way up in my phone and my lap top I sometimes have to make them upside down on my computer to get them to come up the right way on blog. Any ideas anybody?

3 comments:

Cin said...

These cards are getting better and better, where do you get your inspiration?

Ann said...

Wow lovely cards Lindylou, often it is hard to create cards for men, but you have inspired me. Thanks

Unknown said...

What lovely cards Lindy lou . Colours are beautiful great for the men Hugs Elaine