Friday 16 March 2012

Extra Special Celebration

This card is well blingy but I was asked to make a special card for a special couple who will be celebrating their 65th Wedding Anniversary - How cool is that!


I looked on the www and it said that 65 years was blue sapphire but then again so was 45 so I played safe and did just white on white and as I saw the blingy 65 cheap in a shop that's where I started!!


I began with some really nice embossed paper and matted and layered over it with some white pearl card that I "trellissed"- (is that a word - but you know what I mean) on the hougie board and stuck bling on all the crosses that would show.  I cut two really fancy squares from a spellbinder die, scored across cut into the centre, fan folded and stuck the two together - see Sue Wilson's for this idea - she demoed it on the box.

I typed the names and Happy Anniversary in word art and changed the settings to silver,cut out with a circle die and matted on another circular die.  I made some flowers from white ribbon and stuck it all together.  Hope you like it.  Off to the GNP show in Harrogate tomoz - its brill can't wait, will come home with a lighter purse sore arms (from carrying my stash)  and achy feet from standing about all day watching all the demos but deffo well worth it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Lindylou well done I love the embossing and the sparkles Hugs Elaine