Thursday 30 January 2014

Retirement

Good Morning All its Thursday so this afternoon I will be nipping down the motorway to the craft club at Craft Range - lots of chatting, tea drinking and hopefully a bit of crafting!

I must apologise if anyone is looking for my last post I have inadvertently deleted it  - don't ask .

Anyway today I thought I would share this retirement card with you. 




I apologise for the picture - taking photographs in my very dark house , in winter, when you are not David Bailey, is not the best.

I needed to add a sporty theme so in the end opted for creating a background with words of different sports. I did this on the computer, trouble was it all looked a bit dark so in the end I just printed out the outlines of the words and coloured them with pro marker.  The telly is a clip art so I printed that first and worked around it.  The stamp is from Little Claire - I have used it loads I masked him off and created a skirting board then I shaded the carpet - you can't see it on the picture but its all a bit mottled (I used a stippling effect with a brush) I thought it would look a bit more like a carpet.  I created some wallpaper wit a little stamp and a computer generated sentiment.

5 comments:

Mindful craft said...

Morning Linda,
I'm so behind catching up with everyone's blogs...
What a fun card, I love the dog too, fits the bill perfectly I'd say.
Have a lovely afternoon.
Crafty hugs xxx

Hellen Pearce said...

fab idea for a men's retirement card and so love the little dog! Is he hoping for a walkies?! Enjoy your craft afternoon x

Bernie Simmons said...

Morning Linda ....like this, x But I wont be showing my DH any time soon in case he gets ideas!
Love the dog as well. xxxxx

Linda Simpson said...

Evening Linda, this is fabulous, love the image and the scene you have created, great wallpaper ;)

Hugs
Linda xxx

Theresa said...

you are so creative Linda. i hope he was chuffed with it xx