Tuesday 17 December 2013

Butterfly Birthday

Hello everyone - Oh haven't I been a bad blogger - it's been an age.  
I am sat here not doing anything - all my stuff is scattered all over the house as I decided that I must get the downstairs carpets cleaned - cream carpets - WHY did I pick cream?  As many of you know I craft at my dining room table (we have to eat on our knees now)  You can never see the table for all the stuff piled on it, around it and under it - so you can imagine the state of the carpet - bits of sticky stuff that I have missed when I dropped it and it had gone black - speckles everywhere and the lovely man has got rid of them all - I am very impressed.  He is in the other room now - that wont take as long as no mucky jobs go on in that room lol. I can't put my stuff back until tomorrow when the carpets have had time to dry properly so I thought I would use my time to upload some photos so that I could do some blogging.  Methinks I might not get much crafting done between now and Christmas except I must do my offering for the Claritystamp challenge blog  - the one that goes live 1st January  - not got it sorted yet .  

Anyway this is a card I made the other week - I think I made it for my niece's birthday.  
 I had the gelli print in my stash so decided that would be my starting point .  I have obviously silver embossed the butterfly montage and I am almost certain I did it on acetate.  I suspect that the background to it was the remnants of the gelli printing session picked up on double sided sticky sheet,I love that trick you get some lovely stuff.  I laid this on some silver mirri  card. Stamped the butterfly mantage again and the smaller butterfly is a stamp on its own.  Added a bit of ribbon and some sweet lilac flowers .


7 comments:

Emma Burns said...

Hi Linda, this is lovely. I like how delicate the butterflies look. Very pretty. xxxx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Emma x

Linda Simpson said...

Oh this is gorgeous Linda, my favourite colour too with butterflies. Just loving that background you created too!

Hugs
Linda xxx

Naomi said...

Its very beautiful Linda.

Jo Rice said...

Beautiful Linda....and such a delicate feel to it...don't the Gelli print papers come on handy...I love to use them...hope the carpet looks like new and that you get your Challenge project made.....( I have no ideas.....I am locked in a dark room with my thinking cap on! )....Jo. X

Theresa said...

good thing that carpets needed cleaning as you got to blog a very beautiful card xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful delicate card, Linda and lots of shimmer too. You are good getting your carpets cleaned, I couldn't see my carpet in the crafty attic at the weekend after all the diecutting I had done, so for shame sake I had to give it a once over with the hoover xx Annie