Saturday 1 June 2013

Mr & Mrs

This month's challenge is Mr & Mrs


I was asked to make a wedding card so I thought I would kill two birds with one stone and make one that also fitted the June Claritystamp challenge.
I was wondering what to do when and I was looking through my stamps when I came across this car.  I don't think I have used it for about 4 or 5 months and I thought oooo balloons behind a car.. now what claritystamps have I that would make balloons and I have several sizes of these joined hearts as I used them on my daughters wedding stationery and them pop up from time to time in various projects.
I cut a heart from the centre of a panel and then embossed a pattern with my hougie board and put some gold self adhesive dots here the lines crossed.  I added the lattice work behind and mounted onto gold mirri card.  I added the letters and then mounted it on more gold mirri and a 21 x 21 pearl card.

Labels
spellbinder lattice die and the heart set.

9 comments:

Hellen Pearce said...

Lovey card Linda, love how you've put the lattice behind the heart x

Sazzle said...

It's great how Clarity Stamps are so versatile isn't it? Your design is really elegant and I love the heart balloons and the lattice work :-)


xx Sazzle xx

Jane said...

So beautiful and elegant Linda! I do love the background to this card. It also shows how brilliant the letterbox set is...what did we all do before that set? xx

Yvonne said...

I would never have thought to use the hearts as balloons - genius!!!
Lovely and unusual card - such a lot of work putting all those little gold dots on the embossed lines.
A huge amount of work in this card I love it. Xxx

rae d said...

The detailing on this must of taken the patience of Jobe. Super card Linda x

Lynne said...

Fab card Linda. I especially love the balloons! I bet it was fun sticking all of those dots on. Did it drive you dotty? x

Naomi said...

Its a stunning card Linda, and tick all the boxes for clever design, colour,dimension,execution. It's amazingly beautiful.

Mindful craft said...

This is fab Linda! It's great re-discovering stamps that have been unused for a while isn't it...
Thos dots must have taken ages, and I thought I had patience! Lol xxx

Bernie Simmons said...

This I think is a truly stunning card ...the amount of work that has gone into this and it show's. xxx