Tuesday 18 June 2013

Raphael

Hi there good morning how are you all doing out there in blog land? Some time ago I went to an Andy Skinner workshop where I did a chest with an image transfer on the lid.  Well off and on since then I have kept having a little play but have been unable to get the picture to transfer good enough to use, and yesterday  I finally cracked it.  YAY so here it is in all its glory - so pleased it worked .. the box was from the MDF man.



this is the lid - it is a picture called Raphael I downloaded from a copyright free image I think it is probably a grave statue as it looked like it was made of stone.  Not very clear with my rubbish photography skills but   the image transfer process has transformed the black ink to purples and greens in places.


I painted the outside of the box and crackled it then over stamped.


 The sides of the lid were also crackled with a fine crackle and distressed.


I lined the box with some lovely graphic 45 paper

I hope you like it I am chuffed to bits that I finally managed to do it.
Thanks for popping by - if you do please leave a comment I love to hear your thoughts 


2 comments:

Lynne said...

That looks like a fun project. Love the colour and how you've stamped the outside. The inside looks great too. I wonder what you're going to put in it? x

Linda Page said...

ha ha Lynne thank you no idea what I will use it for but fun to do once I cracked the technique !