Sunday 9 February 2014

My world




GOOOOOOD AFTERNOON

Hi all how are you all today?  I have  taken hubby out earlier and now we are back the rain has actually stopped for a while today - that makes a change doesn't it.

I have secret project I am going to start this afternoon - well it will stay secret if it works  until it is time to share, so  today I can share this card with you.  It was for a commission and the day after I had made it i saw that Linda Simpson had used this stamp too - what I coincidence that was - we had a little chuckle at that !  Here is a link to the card that Linda did.





So this was my version , the stamp is from Just rite stamps and it has the word Travel written across it.  Now I wanted to cover that bit up - hence the banners.  I did think of doing it in another colour but then the recipient is a Blackburn Rovers supporter so that's why I went with blue , however it didn't sort of look quite right with white as it's more of a vintagy stamp so I went with the cream.  The writing was done on my computer .  I stamped the main image on a square piece so that I had some space at the bottom to add the wheel which comes from a sheet of stamps that came free with creative stamping magazine - the beach set.  I stamped the image again and used a circle die to cut out one of the circle maps and mounted it onto a cog from a set of spellbinder die.  I added some string with a nautical knot .

6 comments:

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

Lovely card Linda, great layout! xx Great minds think alike eh?

Louise said...

Love it Linda. So stylish - a great man's card x

Lisapmac said...

Such a lovely elegant card, really like this x

Linda Simpson said...

As I said before great minds think alike! Your card is fabulous!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Theresa said...

very elegant card linda. that background stamp is ace. love the colour of it and the way you embellished it xx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Must be something in the name, Linda, that you should both choose the same idea. It is a lovely card anyway, and you have both done such different treatments. Thank you for taking the trouble to visit me and leave such a lovely comment. xx Maggie