Sunday, 9 February 2014

My world




GOOOOOOD AFTERNOON

Hi all how are you all today?  I have  taken hubby out earlier and now we are back the rain has actually stopped for a while today - that makes a change doesn't it.

I have secret project I am going to start this afternoon - well it will stay secret if it works  until it is time to share, so  today I can share this card with you.  It was for a commission and the day after I had made it i saw that Linda Simpson had used this stamp too - what I coincidence that was - we had a little chuckle at that !  Here is a link to the card that Linda did.





So this was my version , the stamp is from Just rite stamps and it has the word Travel written across it.  Now I wanted to cover that bit up - hence the banners.  I did think of doing it in another colour but then the recipient is a Blackburn Rovers supporter so that's why I went with blue , however it didn't sort of look quite right with white as it's more of a vintagy stamp so I went with the cream.  The writing was done on my computer .  I stamped the main image on a square piece so that I had some space at the bottom to add the wheel which comes from a sheet of stamps that came free with creative stamping magazine - the beach set.  I stamped the image again and used a circle die to cut out one of the circle maps and mounted it onto a cog from a set of spellbinder die.  I added some string with a nautical knot .

Post a Comment