Sunday 20 January 2013

Trees are green aren't they

HAPPY NEW YEAR ..... Late aren't I  ?

I have been a very bad blogger and not visited here so far this year I have intentions to amend that LOL.

We had a quiet New Year we were a bit subdued as my youngest daughter was busy packing to go and start a new job in Gibraltar.  She left on 4th January ready for her start date 7th. So as you can imagine it has taken me a while to get really back into the swing of things.  She is loving every minute.

 I thought I would pick up the gauntlet that Barbara Gray from Clarity stamp threw down to encourge people to start making ATC's again. You can view it here: 



 I made the first one by inking up my splodgemat with several colours adding a little spray of water and then "picked"it up on card. the Change the world stamp I thought was fitting .. changing tree from green! (if you get my drift).I added the trees and embossed in white. 





I then had a thought.  wonder if I could do a series of them using the same stamps in roughly the same layout but using different techniques or backgrounds so here are the results.

The background was brayered and then I inked though a mask randomly. I stamped the trees in orange and overstamped with brown .  



I created the background to this one by distressing around the edge and then adding ink through a mask in the corners. I stamped with vintage photo.









Here I used versamark on the card then added perfect pearls mica powder. Added more versamark through a mask on the corners and added another shade of perfect pearls.  The stamps were stamped in Denim adirondak and embossed with clear powder.







 The background on this one was brayered and then distressed around the edges. I added a few water droplets from a stamp by http://designsbyryn.com/









 I started with black card this time and perfect pearls through a mask again. The photo doesn't really show but the stamping is in eggplant and embossed with clear. 








My final one (which I love) is again a black card and  added two different colours of perfect pearls  through yet another mask and the stamped embossing is in gold.

I really enjoyed making these. ... I think I will have another go next month.





10 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

lovely atc's

Jane said...

They are amazing Linda! Just shows you how much colour and background can make a card look so different! X

Jane said...

They are amazing Linda! Just shows you how much colour and background can make a card look so different! X

Jane said...

They are amazing Linda! Just shows you how much colour and background can make a card look so different! X

Pat Taylor said...

These are brilliant Linda love them all! Xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous ATCs.....gosh it's ages since I made any...might just have to have a go!!! S x

Unknown said...

Fabulous creations Linda well done all are terrific , Hugs Elaine

Anonymous said...

lovely Linda! xx

Caro said...

these are beautiful Linda xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous atcs Linda xx