Tuesday 29 January 2013

PAY IT FORWARD

Have you all got over all the snow - wasn't it a mess?  We had several inches and as I live on a very steep street it was a bit of a nightmare.  It stayed all week and was just getting clear when we got hit with a second dollop last Friday - fortunately as I knew it was coming I managed to park the car at the bottom of the hill on Friday as I was off to Preston on Saturday to a workshop with Maria Simms.  We had a lovely time, made some great cards and I was so glad I managed to get there. On the down side the two friends that I was supposed to be taking with me were snowed in and were unable to go.




At the beginning of January I was asked to comment on a friends Facebook post to volunteer to make something for the first five people that commented if I shared her post.  I have successfully carried out 3 of my missions and here are my first two.


 


I made these little frames and put a little picture in each one for the recipients.  Both started life as a sheet of A5 heavy grey board from which I made two little frames. I covered them with white gesso and allowed it to dry.  I then coloured with distress inks and embossed the fronts using frantage embossing powders and antique gold embossing enamel.  I die cut some hearts from some lighter weight grey board and gave the same treatment to the blue on but just used the antique gold on the pink one.

They looked a little bit lost without a picture so I made designed two little pictures from Clarity mini stamps.

I really enjoyed making these - it was a complete change from doing cards.  The recipients have kindly said that they like them and have given me permission to post them on my blog.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are lovely linda! xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

These are gorgeous Linda love the frames
jacqui x

Ann said...

I love these Linda, glad you are OK despite a lot of digging out by all our neighbours we couldn't get the car out until late Saturday afternoon.