Sunday 20 May 2012

60th birthday

I have been asked for a 60th and an 80th birthday card and I have some lovely pale and dark green pearlised card so I thought I would make both along the same lines so as not to have any waste.  This is the first one, I'll post the other one tomorrow.

I used a "square" die by x cut for the central section with the greeting. Then I used the next size up at right angles.  i added a frame made from the two largest dies.

I then cut 4 hearts from a memory box die and cut off the bottom bits to give the fancy filigree work.  The background is embossed with a paisley embossing folder.  I didn't have any green ribbon that looked right so I took some self adhesive paper lace tape, coloured it with a green pro marker, heat embossed with some pearly green mica embossing powder but still wasn't quite right so I overlayed that with some pale blue.  Not quite but near enough.

Made some little flowers with the waste from the background and added a couple of hatpins et voila

No comments: