Saturday 1 August 2015

Bingo


Oh MY Word

I think this blog published before I wrote it!  I added the photos and set the schedule date but then forgot to come and write the words!!!!


Anyway thanks for all your fantastic entries last month - the winner will be announced on Monday

so Bingo - never done one of these before so you to pick a line , a diagonal or the full house and do a project using these items so this month I picked stamp, stencil and paste, and here is my offering


I was really struggling to think of something to do and then I came across some backgrounds I had done when I had my acrylics out so decided I would just go with the flow 





Now I had several attempts - the first one my grunge paste was nearly done but I thought there was enough to do one more - and there would have been if I hadn't got 
some dry bits in and it was all lumpy and scrapey lol .  

I eventually cracked it with a new jarand ended up with this





When it was dry - the tree was levitating so i added a grunge paste hill.  from here on in I forgot to take pictures - oh I am rubbish lol

anyway when it was all dry I decided to colour it with gelatoes and added a few more hills using some paper hills and added shadow with a charcoal pencil 

Then I added the stamp in black archival 

Its a bit different for me - but you have to try these things lol

Come and join us this month lets see what you can come up with !






18 comments:

carols handmade cards said...

A very nice card design and I like the background you have used. Xx

Shelagh Metselaar said...

Love it Linda, as for the background I actually thought you were working on material. Need to frame this! ;~}

Shelagh Metselaar said...

Love it Linda, as for the background I actually thought you were working on material. Need to frame this! ;~}

Angela said...

This is great Linda. I hadn't realised your background was made with acrylic paints, I love how you've utilised it in this project. X

crafty said...

Linda this is stunning subtle in colour but it all works xx

Mrs P said...

Love your design Linda - that acrylic paint is a great backdrop for the tree. I tend to over-do it with the photo's so minimalist is good! lol
Great idea from Shelagh to frame this piece.....you should think about that :-)
Have a great evening xxx

Lesley said...

Very atmospheric background, Linda. How did you add the grunge paste hill? Definitely one to frame. x

Lesley said...

Very atmospheric background, Linda. How did you add the grunge paste hill? Definitely one to frame. x

Linda Page said...

Thank you x

Linda Page said...

Oh thanks Shelagh actually I am not over enamoured with this piece but I was running out of time lol

Linda Page said...

thanks x

Linda Page said...

thanks Carole x

Linda Page said...

Thanks Lesley the top two hills were made with torn paper and my gelatos but the bottom grunge hill was made bu utilising the hill end of the blending mat xx

Maria Moorhouse said...

Lovely piece Linda, I particularly like the muted feel
Maria x

Emma Burns said...

Hi Linda. I love your colours and the background. Great idea to use the blending mat with the grunge paste. Really lovely and it would look even better framed. Hugs xxxxx

Jo Rice said...

Hi Linda, I am playing catch up with blog comments...sorry...I love your design and such a great way to use ready made backgrounds. ...brilliant inspiration for the Bingo Challenge....hugs. xxx

Unknown said...

I love this background Linda; it has a real dramatic feel to it, whilst being soft and subdued at the same time. And the butterfly tree is one of my all time favourite stamps and stencils. Just gorgeous. Xxx

Amanda Openshaw said...

I love this Linda, the background looks brilliant. Really like the colours.
Hugs
Amanda xx