Wednesday 1 July 2015

Anything goes


Happy July - that's half of the year gone already - it's true what they say the older you get the faster time flies 

So it's time for a new challenge over at the Claritystamp challenge blog and this is my offering for July




Have you made a cuppa?  this post is like war and peace!

Some time ago I went to watch a demo being done by Pauline Wheeler and one of her ongoing projects was this box - she was covering it with some papers she was demoing at the time. It is designed to hold the Tim Holtz mini inkpads - now I have these and I use them when I am demoing so I thought I would get one and do it up my way and this mnth's theme fits the bill perfectly so two birds and one stone!



I decided to make my own papers to cover it with so out came the gelli plate, some acrylic paints and of course my Clarity stencils



I used the large Gelli plate and made several prints 

I used the same colour paint sequence

the same stencil sequence

and yet each and every one 

was different  lol



I covered every section in black gesso - twice, let it dry, then each layer I masked off  the edges of the underneath side with some low tack tape and sprayed spray n shine from Crafters companion to seal the underneath.



I then proceeded to cover the surfaces with my gelli prints, then I added a bit of black soot around the edges 

 I wanted to add a bit of something else and decided to put some words on the front so using my letterpress word set and some tissue I stamped out the words


cut around them and then stuck them on the front of the box 


I then used a sealer with a brush  to seal the insides of the box - I didn't want to use the spray as it would get on the outside of my box which I didn't want to be particulary shiny 

On the lid I added some metal corners that I picked up in that craft shop near Glasgow airport when we were on holiday.  I used some purple guilding wax on them - but it was a bit bright so toned it down with black acrylic paint 



Job done , put my ink pads in and there is room for more yet and the bottom one is a bit bigger so I will store an archival black and a versmark with a couple of blending tools  so all my stuff will be in one box!




finished - quite chuffed with how it turned out 


27 comments:

carols handmade cards said...

Such a clever idea with this box and with using the gelli plate prints. Xx

Naomi said...

Linda, it is fantastic, love it.

Angela said...

Linda such a great idea to cover the box with your own designer papers. Love it xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks CArol x

Unknown said...

Brilliant Linda. The gelli prints are beautiful in themselves, and the box... well, WOW! I'm very jealous. I want my very own box of inkiness!!!!

Shelagh Metselaar said...

A fantastic idea, Linda and such a great addition to your craft equipment! Like Barbara, I'm extremely envious - it's such a great way to house the distress inks.

crafty said...

What a nice box you have made good job of this xx

Lisapmac said...

Fabulous and practical xx

Mrs P said...

This is a lovely storage solution Linda - you could go into business making these....I'd be first on your order list!! Great blog too :-) Send crafty love & hugs xxx

Lesley said...

What a great box, Linda. Love the Gelli prints, the colours are gorgeous and I like the fact that they never come out the same twice. x

Lesley said...

What a great box, Linda. Love the Gelli prints, the colours are gorgeous and I like the fact that they never come out the same twice. x

Jo Rice said...

Linda this is such a great way to use the Gelli prints...and it has a use too...just perfect....I do love a bit if storage...hugs...xxx

Unknown said...

Lush gelli prints... And what a project! It's just perfect! Xxx

Theresa said...

love your prints. that is a clever box. lovely project xx

Jeanette Butler said...

Awwww, this is lovely, Linda. Like the use of Gelli prints and a fab design too. Bet you get lots of compliments about it when you do your demos. Xx

Linda Page said...

Thank you Naomi x

Linda Page said...

thanks Lisa xx

Linda Page said...

Thank you Carole xx

Linda Page said...

Thank you Lesley xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Jo xx

Linda Page said...

thanks Mandy xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Theresa x

Linda Page said...

Thanks very much Jeanette xx

Emma Burns said...

Fabulous design Linda. Loving it to bits. Something for yourself too. Love the marvellous Gelli Plate work. Simply gorgeous.

P.S. Still having bother replying from my blog for some ladies.... Unfortunately the help I got from blogger was no help at all.... I have everything set up as it should be for comments to go back and forth, even had one lady un- add me and then re- add... Still didn't work. So I just wanted to say thank you ever so much for your very kind and lovely compliments. These hugs I owe you could get out of hand lol. But seriously, thank you your words are very much appreciated...and here come more hugs xxxxxxx

Emma Burns said...

Fabulous design Linda. Loving it to bits. Something for yourself too. Love the marvellous Gelli Plate work. Simply gorgeous.

P.S. Still having bother replying from my blog for some ladies.... Unfortunately the help I got from blogger was no help at all.... I have everything set up as it should be for comments to go back and forth, even had one lady un- add me and then re- add... Still didn't work. So I just wanted to say thank you ever so much for your very kind and lovely compliments. These hugs I owe you could get out of hand lol. But seriously, thank you your words are very much appreciated...and here come more hugs xxxxxxx

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi Linda, just thought I'd drop by your blog to see your recent make. This is really stunning, I love it! Your Gelli papers are just stunning. Have a good week.
Hugs Jennifer xx

Linda Page said...

Thank you ffr your kind words Jennifer xx