Thursday 1 January 2015

Things with Wings





HAPPY NEW YEAR


Have you had a good Christmas - did you get lots of lovely stuff?  Are you hungover this morning?

We had a very quiet Christmas this year but it was lovely just the same my eldest,her hubby and the bump came in the morning but they were having Christmas lunch with his family this year.  My youngest in Gibraltar sadly still hasn't had her pressie, neither has her partner Neil and his birthday was on boxing day so everything went together - so thanks Royal Mail - I posted the parcel 5th December so I was in plenty of time.

Anyway its all happening here isn't it? Sad to lose most of my teamies at one fell swoop but with all that is going on at Clarity towers they are somewhat busy.  It has been great working with them but I won't be saying bye bye as some of them I do see quite regularly, others just now and again but thanks to fb we will all still be chatting on a more or less daily basis! and so its time to say hello to my new teamies - and haven't they done some fantastic stuff?  I feel sure that they will keep me on my toes!


We had lots of lovely entries again last month its always a very difficult job to pick my top five and then Sally Anne has the unenviable job of counting up all our fave fives and calculating the winners - good job the voucher winner is picked my machine!!!!  At this point I would also like to give her a massive THANK YOU for all that she does behind the scenes on the Claritystamp challenge blog she does an excellent job as chief Admin and guru especially when we all get stuck with the technicalities!

So this month's them is things with wings - Oh what to use? Birds? Butterfiles? Aeroplane - no not got a Claritystamp of one of the those - so in the end I decided to go with Dragonfles .  





I used my gelli plate to create the background - there isn't really a pattern in it just lots of grungy colours -- red, gold and blue   I left the circle in the middle to so that I could create a landscape - I did this with a moon mask, torn paper and my ink brushes with inks.  I stamped the funky flowers and large and small dragonflies in archival ink then used speccy pencils to colour them in but the flowers didn't really stand out so I stamped them again on some smooth heavyweight paper, coloured them in again, cut them out and stuck them over the top.
In real life there is some shading as the bulbous flowers are lighter in the middle and shading at the top and bottom but the picture doesn't really show that off.  The dragonflies are shaded too and that doesn't show - I need some lessons in taking pics I think - but then again my house is so dark - well that's my excuse 


Well that's it I have waffled on enough for today so please visit my teamies blogs and leave them an uplifting comment especially the new ladies who are all very nervous and many of whom have been past winners or have made the top five previously so see where your entry may take you?

I hope you like this piece and I have inspired you to have a go at this month's challenge- why don't you make it one of your NY resolutions to give the challenge a go each month - we have some great themes on the agenda.


23 comments:

Jo Rice said...

Morning Linda and Happy New Year.....your design is gorgeous and I love your colour choice. ....the dragonfly stamps are just perfect for this Challenge....thanks as always for the inspiration....hugs...x

Sazzle said...

Thanks for your kind words Linda and it's always my pleasure to work with such a talented team.

Once again you've given us all inspiration for the new challenge and I love it how everyone creates something different.

Happy New Year xx

Emma Burns said...

MORNING LINDA!!! What no hangover...well that was pointless shouting at you lol. I really love this design, it is a bit Rennie Macintosh. I too have the same problem with the darkness but I have a cunning plan....just need to try it out first, then I will share. Thank you very much for the lovely welcome and for all your support over this past year and I look forward to what 2015 brings us xxx

Lynne said...

Great card linda. I love your grunt Gelli background. It sets off the rest so well. x

Angela said...

Hello Linda a lovely card. As Lynne says the Gelli background really sets the rest of the image off. x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous fab image, All the best for the New Year.xxx

Naomi said...

Morning Linda and Happy New Year. Love you card, the mixture of colours is so rich and perfect for the contrast with the scene. xxxx

Linda Page said...

Thanks for your kind words Jo and a happy new year to you too hugs xx

Linda Page said...

Happy New Year Sazzle and the kind words are truly meant - all the best for 2015 x

Linda Page said...

hahahahaha no good shouting at me at that time of the morning - I was still asleep with my deaf ear to the pillow lol. I am interested to hear your cunning plan xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Lynne and a Happy New Year - hope its a good one xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Angela xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Doreen and the best to you too xx

Linda Page said...

Thank you my friend and all the best for 2015 x

Yvonne said...

Fabulous Gelli print to set of these gorgeous stamps Linda. Happy New Year to you and yours xxx

Lisapmac said...

Love this Linda, I'm going to try.harder to.make sure I enter the challenge every month, thanks for the lovely inspiration xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Yvonne x

Linda Page said...

Thanks Lisa - yes please do I love seeing your work xx

carols handmade cards said...

Lovely card and colours I look forward to working with you. Xx

Unknown said...

Love this card; the colours are great. you've made me think its about time I got my gelli plate out again. Thanks for the warm welcome to the team and for your support and encouragement to us newbies. Xxx

Yorkie girl said...

Saw this on FB but thought I would visit your blog and check it out.
I like. Mate I like And your card is gorgeous too very inspirational
Happy crafty New Year Linda. Tx

Linda Page said...

Thañks and I with you x

Linda Page said...

Thanks Theresa and a happy new year xx