Monday 15 December 2014

play time

Good Afternoon  I am just sat sitting as I have been doing some bits and bobs of admin on the old lap top so whilst I was here I thought I would just blog this card I made.

It all started with Barbara's blog and her canvas - you can view it here.  Needless to say mine is pale in comparison but I thought I would give it a go anyway.  I practised on a bit of card stock to get the idea first.

Barbara used some Golden open acrylics - I haven't any of those but I have a few from Deco art so I used those instead.  Also don't have any canvas boards so I improvised and used Acrylic textured paper 30 gsm if you look really close you can see the canvass type texture.


Firstly I dragged in the paints (gold, red and blue) from the sides

Here's how it turned out

 I added the stencil (dirty from my practising) at a jaunty angle making sure that the exposed bits of my artwork were covered with bits of low tack tape


Added the grunge paste and left to dry.  Whilst it was drying I started two more (pics further down this blog post)


Love how the canvas pattern can still be seen 


whilst the paste was drying I also cleaned the stencil then replaced on my work and added more of the same colours through to colour the grunge paste.  I did the leaves in gold first then added blue from the bottom side to add some shade and also blue and gold make a greeny colour!  I did the flower head in gold, then added the red followed by a bit of blue at the bottom again for shade.

Out with the new word chains - oh yes indeedy I got them  and job done


I was quite chuffed with my little self

Here are two more done in the same way.  Methinks I might need some more of the pen acrylics - I likey lots.




Anyway that's it I think I will turn off the lappy and go and make a brew - happy crafting xx

6 comments:

Jo Rice said...

They are all stunning Linda...and such fab colours...thanks for sharing how you created them...hope you enjoyed your brew....hugs...xxx

Theresa said...

glad you shared the process. my favorite is the first one with the tulip. love the backgrounds too, hugs xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Theresa x

Jackie Elliott said...

what stunning cards, cannot choose between them as they're all beautiful, will have to try this technique.

Linda Page said...

Thanks Jackie x

rachel said...

stunning makes Linda and thanks for sharing your technique too - looks fab - thanks for your visit and kind words! A very happy christmas to you! Rachel xx