Tuesday, 8 July 2014

grumpy's card

Morning all, as some of you know I have been struggling lately and have had to use a certain bucket a lot lately.  I have put a picture of the said bucket at the bottom of this post but if you are easily offended don't look Ethel - it was posted on my timeline by a friend one day when I had thrown everything I tried to make in the bin, personally I think it's funny.


It's our anniversary tomorrow and I have been trying to make a card for grumpy.

It all started when I bought a craft mag and one of the free stamps was this sentiment - oh that will do nicely for grumpy a card - I had been struggling with a theme - cos you know he doesn't have any interests except sport lol.  Anyway I made him a gelli print card in February and he really liked it so I thought well I will just use a print and the sentiment, sunshine stencil and Bob's your uncle (or in my case husband).



 


So I had many attempts and spoilt lots of lovely backgrounds trying to get the sunshine on  and following a conversation with Sam Crowe I had another go last night and finally cracked it.

I made a lovely background , took a heart from the hearts and leaves stencil and used it in the middle of the sunshine stencil.

I now had a nice print but the sunshine was white and where the heart was - a bit blotchy.  ADD INK!

doh why didn't I think of it before - so I added some lettuce followed by some denim, went around the heart to define it with a speccy pencil added Happy Anniversary from the Happy word set.  and mounted it .  That'll do but it looked a bit lost on the card so I took the ginko stencil - cos that's a  bit sun ray- ish too same green and blue - job done



Here is the bucket..................................>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>


Post a Comment