Wednesday, 1 May 2013

It's all in the Sentiment

Well here we are the first of the month and another exciting challenge on the Claritystamp challenge blog.  It's great being part of such a talented team and the artwork they produce is outstanding and gives me such inspiration to push myself further.  We have had some fantastic entries there are some extremely clever folk out there.

This month's challenge is entitled - it's all in the sentiment so I thought I would go with a butterfly theme as I have the lovely verse!


Stamps used:-

I used pearlised card and brayered with antique velvet distress ink to shade slightly then added more colour around the edge.  I then used the crackle stamp to add a bit of depth.  The sprig was stamped used second generation ink and then also with versamark and gold embossing powder to tone tone in.


I coloured some heat resist acetate with alcohol inks - it doesn't really show on the picture but the butterflies are actually a red colour with flecks of gold.  I stamped the montage stamp a few times and embossed with gold so that it gave me extra butterflies so that I could cut them down to layer up.  I also used the small butterfly stamp

I stamped the verse on a separate piece of card and again used second generation for the sprig (I chose this sprig because if you look closely it is in the montage stamp). I drew around the verse with glue pen and embossed in gold.I also hand drew a bit of mesh to tie in in with the mesh on the montage and a gain added some embossed bits of sprig.

I hope you like it and would love to read your comments even more - I hope it inspires you to enter the challenge - good luck x




Post a Comment