Wednesday 1 May 2013

It's all in the Sentiment

Well here we are the first of the month and another exciting challenge on the Claritystamp challenge blog.  It's great being part of such a talented team and the artwork they produce is outstanding and gives me such inspiration to push myself further.  We have had some fantastic entries there are some extremely clever folk out there.

This month's challenge is entitled - it's all in the sentiment so I thought I would go with a butterfly theme as I have the lovely verse!


Stamps used:-

I used pearlised card and brayered with antique velvet distress ink to shade slightly then added more colour around the edge.  I then used the crackle stamp to add a bit of depth.  The sprig was stamped used second generation ink and then also with versamark and gold embossing powder to tone tone in.


I coloured some heat resist acetate with alcohol inks - it doesn't really show on the picture but the butterflies are actually a red colour with flecks of gold.  I stamped the montage stamp a few times and embossed with gold so that it gave me extra butterflies so that I could cut them down to layer up.  I also used the small butterfly stamp

I stamped the verse on a separate piece of card and again used second generation for the sprig (I chose this sprig because if you look closely it is in the montage stamp). I drew around the verse with glue pen and embossed in gold.I also hand drew a bit of mesh to tie in in with the mesh on the montage and a gain added some embossed bits of sprig.

I hope you like it and would love to read your comments even more - I hope it inspires you to enter the challenge - good luck x




30 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

lovely ink/stamp work Linda x

Linda said...

Morning Linda,
Lovely piece of work as always. Great design and stamping, love the delicate sprig in the background. The butterfly montage stamp is fab, so versatile, and nice touch with the coloured acetate too. xx

Linda Page said...

Thank you Paula x

Linda Page said...

Thanks Linda x

Naomi said...

Morning Linda, what a beautiful piece of Art. So delicate. I love the crackling of the background and of course your choice of stamps and composition is wonderful.

Linda Page said...

Thank you Naomix

Lynne said...

Such a beautiful card Linda. Those butterflies look so delicate and I love that verse (I bought it last week). x

Linda Page said...

Thanks Lynne x

Unknown said...

Love it all so delicate and feminine,a card anyone would be pleased to receive would make them feel really special xxx

Mindful craft said...

Lovely card Linda, delicate colouring and so pretty xx

Linda Page said...

Thank you Karen x

Yvonne said...

Such a pretty piece of work Linda. The crackle stamp makes such a huge difference to the background, I think that's a very clever touch.
Maria used the butterfly montage stamp on TV recently - it's such a versatile stamp. X

Jane said...

Linda this is lovely as always! Its such a good use of all the stamps. I think that butterfly montage is one of my favourite stamps. xx

Bernie Simmons said...

Wonderful card Linda...I like the background crackle and the over stamping of the swirl. works really well xxxx

Pat Taylor said...

This is beautiful Linda! Remember using this montage stamp in one of Maria's NWCS classes! The colour is my favourite and the butterfly on the sentiment looks like its about to take flight! Just love everything you have done. Take care xxx

Janet Pring said...

The butterfly montage is yet another one of my favourite claritystamps and I love the way you've used it Linda. The separate butterflies are great too x

nikkib said...

I love Clarity stamps and this card is elegant and beautiful..... must get the Butterfly Montage stamp, its lovely... x

Ann said...

Just Beautiful Linda as always, great colour and design. A very classy card.x

Linda Page said...

Thanks Yvonnexx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Jane x

Linda Page said...

Thanks Bernie

Linda Page said...

Aw thanks Pat xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Nikki

Linda Page said...

Thanks Ann xx

Sazzle said...

Fab card Linda, great use of your Clarity stamps and just love the butterfly montage and the colour you've chosen as well:-) I've added that stamp to my "need" list!


xx Sazzle xx

Hellen Pearce said...

So lovely Linda - all the effects you've used come together so well x

Jo Rice said...

Beautiful work as always Linda....and one of my favourite stamps ..have a great weekend. Jo. X

Linda Page said...

Aw thanks Sazzle xx

Linda Page said...

Thank you Helen xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Jo xx