Thursday 1 October 2015

Stencils

OCTOBER 

Really! already! still not started my Christmas cards but hey no not to worry 

Have you been enjoying the lovely weather this week- it soooo nice not to have rain (we get an awful lot of rain where I live).

I had a fabulous time at the open day in Catterick got to meet up with lots of friends who I don't get to see very often  and eventually got to meet Sally-Ann and Emma that was really nice.  I bought a whole load of stuff (no surprise there then) and all in all was had a thoroughly good time. Here's hoping that the team come back again next year.

Next on the Agenda is the Happy stampers show this Saturday in Port Sunlight - I love this show - 99% of the stands are stamping - it gets packed ...and I mean packed ...it gets hot ...and I mean hot but I just love it.  I also like going to the Harrogate show but sadly for the last few times it has clashed with Port Sunny so I haven't been.

Looking forward to Saturday and seeing lots of friendly faces - as usual I will be going for a bacon butty across in the Social Club before the show opens - so if you are around see you about 9.45 for a cuppa?

So back to the challenge in hand - we had some lovely entries again in September and some really cool ideas on shaped cards.  Not so many entries as normal - maybe everyone's been busy with back to school/Uni and late holidays for those of us who like to go away when the chillibeans are in school!
It was still hard to pick my top five though - so many clever crafters out there.

I have a stencil project for this month's theme and I have to say my mind went a complete blank.  Why does mr Mojo decide to go on holiday when you want him?

In the end I decided to keep it simple and just use this abstract stencil - I was late on patrol buying this one - for some reason I must've have missed it when it was first introduced.  I had the two other abstract stencils but not number three , however I did rectify it as soon as I spotted  it!  It is number 3 and is more rectangular than the other one.  check it out - here is the link


I simply brushed through with faded jeans then added dusty concorde around the edges.  
I used the wee folk Christmas sets and stamped in deep purple Archival






I went over the word chain with a glitter pen but I am totally rubbish at taking photos and the colours and sparkle are much better in real light 


Quite a quick card to make - I might even use it for my cards this year!  I look forward to seeing what you all come up with and do visit my teamies blogs - they have some stunning pieces to share !

If you are going to Port Sunny - give us a nudge .



15 comments:

carols handmade cards said...

I love how you have used this stencil to create a Christmas card. Xxx

Naomi said...

Wonder and modern Christmas card Linda. Have fun at Port Sunlight. Hugs.

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

Lovely Linda - we need quick designs for Xmas can't don't we. Xx

Jo Rice said...

Morning Linda, just the job for Christmas...and a great way to use the stencil...have a brilliant time tomorrow, hope you have got a list......unfortunately I won't be joining you as it is Clarity Anglesey......hugs...xxx

crafty said...

Love this stencil like the way you added the colours and wee people x

Mrs P said...

Loving this Linda - and it's official - you have now started your Christmas cards!
Great design using that stencil and the fab wee folk. They'll definitely be making an appearance on my Christmas cards!
Have a great time tomorrow - I'd love to be there, sounds like fun :-) xxx

Theresa said...

cool monochromatic card Lindxa, hugs xx

Emma Burns said...

Hello my darling Linda. It was so so lovely to get to meet you at last....I told my Carrie, I can't leave until I have met Linda!!!!
Back to the matter in hand! I love this stencil, great with the wee folk and also the ATC stamps. Loving the blue Christmas theme.
I also want to say thank you ever so much for your wonderful compliments , you are such a dear. Big hugs xxxx

Emma Burns said...

Hello my darling Linda. It was so so lovely to get to meet you at last....I told my Carrie, I can't leave until I have met Linda!!!!
Back to the matter in hand! I love this stencil, great with the wee folk and also the ATC stamps. Loving the blue Christmas theme.
I also want to say thank you ever so much for your wonderful compliments , you are such a dear. Big hugs xxxx

Unknown said...

It was lovely to catch up with you again yesterday Linda. Another fabulous day. I love these abstract stencils; great for backgrounds and for creating little scenes. I love the blue/purple you've chosen too: its a really cool colour scheme for Christmas. Xxx

Shelagh Metselaar said...

Great combo of stamps and stencil, Linda. Love the colour choice too. ;~}

Shelagh Metselaar said...

Great combo of stamps and stencil, Linda. Love the colour choice too. ;~}

Angela said...

Hello Linda, I love the combination of stamps and stencil you've used to create this lovely Christmas card. Great colour choice too xx

Lesley said...

Sorry I'm so late in commenting Linda, a busy last few days. Love your Christmas card idea. I have just bought some Christmas wee folk and have a stencil similar to yours so will have to make a start on my Christmas cards soon. Hope you don't mind if I use your idea. x

Linda Page said...

knock yourself out Lesley xx