Friday 1 May 2015

Clocks

Good morning and welcome to MAY! the last four months have just flown by and haven't we had some lovely weather last month - I hope that wasn't Summer and that the nice weather is over ---as I write this it's raining - back to normal lol.

Lots of fabulous entries again last month - the wee folk sets are very popular I do love them.  So the theme for this months challenge is clocks - now this has caused some scratching of heads (mine included) amongst the dt  I have an mdf package I was thinking of using ( I am not telling you what it is but it will probably turn up at stome stage lol) but Emma was first in with a box  I thought about getting some clock parts - noo several of the team have done real clocks - rapidly running out of ideas now till I came up with clock watching.  I thought I would be brave and try and draw an eye with the eyeball as a clock - my backup plan was to use the big glasses instead of my drawing.





I had to get the eye the tight size for the fob watch stamp to work as an eye ball.  I have all the fob watches and the sideways on ones but the wee one (from the miniature set) was way to small, the medium size one wasn't really big enough so I went with the big one.  I stamped it out to make a mask






I cut it out ignoring the stand and the handle.

I then used this to draw around in pencil




Next I had to draw my eye and after a few attempts and a lot of rubbing out I got this.




What if I make a mess? - I thought ... So I went around the eye with a micron pen - excluding the eyeball and then I photcopied it onto a piece of gellie card.

Haha I can now use this and if I make a mess I can do it again - cunnng plan eh?

I used another photcopy on copy paper to cut out the eye to make a mask to stam throught the clock - because if you look at an eyeball the top is hidden under the eyelid.

OK so far, next I stamped out the boxes from the new letterpress set and masked them off. I used the clockwork stencil randomly and using my spectrum noir aqua pens (peakcock blue and Sea green) and the e brush to create the background - I didn't tape the stencil down I just kept moving it about as I didn't particularly want a definate background just a hint of parts.







I used cracked pistachio and faded jeans around the edge with my Clarity brushes.

I stamped the letters in black archival 

I used several pencils from the essentials and marine sets to create the eyball and added shading in the boxes.
Finally I added some eyelashes with a micron pen



26 comments:

Jo Rice said...

Eye, Eye....Linda....
Sorry I couldn't resist that........what a brilliant idea and brave lady for drawing....well it paid off and this is a stunning design....great use of Clarity products and great inspiration...enjoy your weekend..hugs..xxx

Shelagh Metselaar said...

A fantastic concept, Linda, and certainly one to display on your wall; were you to submit it to one of the large furnishing/home decor stores, they'd jump at the chance to stock it! (Keep the copyright, though!) ;~}

Naomi said...

Fantastic idea Linda and I love it. Great eye and very dramatic. Super design and colour. xxxx

carols handmade cards said...

A super idea I do love the colours you have used for the background. Xx

Emma Burns said...

Jo beat me too it with the eye eye!! I agree with Naomi, very dramatic. The colours in your background are lovely too. I would never have thought of this fabulous design. Brave lady for drawing and clever too. (sorry for getting in with a box first but you love me really...don't you?) Hugs xxx

crafty said...

Love your take on this card would never of thought of this your back ground is wow every time I look at it I see just a bit more xx

Linda Page said...

thanks Jo - yes I was feeling brave LOL . Have a great weekend xx

Linda Page said...

hahahaha thanks Shelagh x

Linda Page said...

Thank you Naomi xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Carol x

Linda Page said...

yes I love you really Emma thanks for your kind words xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks - you have come up as anonymous - but thank you for your kind words xx

Unknown said...

This idea was inspired Linda, I absolutely love it. The colours are great, and the design is dramatic, but fun at the same time. You clever lady. Xxx

Linda Page said...

thank you Barbara x

Julie Smith said...

Hi Linda, a really clever idea and freehand drawing as well, brave lady xx

Angela said...

Genius idea Linda - so clever of you to come up with this. Love how you've made the background too. xx

Lesley said...

What an original idea, Linda. I love the way you have coloured in the eye, it is beautiful. Your background is stunning too. x

Mrs P said...

I love everything about your card Linda - glad that you persevered with it and had the confidence to draw the eye - it's brilliant. That background is fab too, I thought it was a Gelli-print, so I'm glad you shared your technique. (I only have the Spectrum Noir colouring pencils, not watercolours (which I presume is what the aqua pens are?), so I'll have to start a new wish-list as I'm sure there will be more additions to it on Sunday!)
Anyway, your card is great and I'm sure it will give others the confidence to "have-a-go" this month even if they have to use their own drawing skills to enhance their design.
Have a lovely Bank Holiday w/e Linda xxx

Theresa said...

great idea Linda. and very clever too, hugs xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Julie x

Linda Page said...

Thanks Angela x

Linda Page said...

Thank you Lesley x

Linda Page said...

Thank you very much Carole. yes the aqua pens are water based - lovely to use too. I am all ready for this morning's show and am lucky enough to be going to Port Sunny show next Saturday - I guess I will have a list lol xx

Linda Page said...

Aww thank you Theresa x

Jac said...

wow this is fab, I was wondering who made the stamp to start with but when I scrolled down and saw that you had drawn it, fab really fab x

Linda Page said...

thank you......I was feeling brave lol x