Sunday, 1 February 2015

FLORAL


Good Morning and a happy February to you all .
Our Barbara is on the telly box this morning and this afternoon --YAY looking forward to seeing all the samples and new stuff I wonder what I will be tempted with today? sure as eggs is eggs I will be tempted by something!

Well the January challenge got off to a flying start with our new design team and lots of fabulous entries this month - what a great way to start the year. I wonder which lucky entrant the random picker will choose?  I know picking my top favourite five was tough.

The challenge for February is Floral  - and  I wanted to use this lovely floral stencil so here is my offering and how I arrived at it.  I hope you like it. 

I know what the challenge is for next month and I know what I am doing - I just hope I get it finished on time or I will have to have a rethink.








I started with a piece of black card and spread grunge paste through the Filigraphy Flower Stencil then left to dry.  As you can see I did this on a scrap as I had several attempts at this as I couldn't decide quite which order I should do things in next.



I decided that I wanted to do something in the background with gold embossing  so that it would match the guilding I wanted to use on the flower, so I found my crackle stamp and the diamond stamp from the journal set.  



I decided that this was way too busy so decided to tone it down a bit but before I did that I had a light bulb moment and  added some texture to the grunge paste by using  the Remountable Filigraphy foliage stamp to stamp an impression into the flower before it was too dry - I stamped into versamark first just to be on the safe side and then I cleaned my stamps pronto!




Then  I went back to the background this time I just used the journalling set.

  I then started to add guilding wax to the leaves but realised I hadn't taken a picture .

I continued to add guilding wax to the whole flower.

I forgot to take a pic - but you get the idea!  I then used my ebrush and speccy pens the dark greens and the dark reds to colour the flower.

Here is a close up of the flower head.





I needed a matt tat wouldn't look out of place so I cut some whte card, added a bit of guilding wax and went over with the e brush.

I mounted this on another matt of black before sticking it on the card.

I was a bit disappointed that I manage to get some guilding wax on the black background  but then I thought it just added to the grunginess.  






Post a Comment